Asus X570 lights but no life

Geordian

I just assembled an Asus X570-TUF with a ryzen 5 5600x, GEForce GTX Titan, got it all hooked up but when I go to power it on, I get lights on the motherboard, but when I try to boot there’s not a sign of life.

I’m hoping I did something really dumb, but my gut is screaming bad mobo. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with some ideas?

I added some images of inside the case to show connections, etc.

DF0C9FFB-3D33-49BC-8096-D5C59475BED1.jpeg

A2BB2C3D-6A57-4739-8CC9-F1862C561CAA.jpeg

2C2002C4-6465-45F6-A13C-413FDD39029C.jpeg

You should have a debug led to the right side of last ram slot. What LED lights up when you try to power it on? 

EDIT: I REALLY hope that is not the PCIE 8pin inside EPS8 pin.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Nothing. Not a sign of life, no lights. I’ve triple checked the power switch connection

Just now, Geordian said:

Nothing. Not a sign of life, no lights. I’ve triple checked the power switch connection

Can you please check what your 8 Pin connector that you connected to the motherboard says?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Can you please check what your 8 Pin connector that you connected to the motherboard says?

i've never seen a 8-pin EPS that splits into another 8 pin like that. i hope nothing fried..

It doesn’t say anything, but it’s the only 8-pin connector out of the PSU other than the PCI-E ones

2 minutes ago, Geordian said:

It doesn’t say anything, but it’s the only 8-pin connector out of the PSU other than the PCI-E ones

Make sure you use the quote button so we can see your responses.

Does the motherboard box say ryzen 5000 ready on it? If not, the BIOS is not up to date.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

you might have to do a bios update, since the x570 might not have the correct bios for the 5000 series.

unfortunately, this board doesn't have bios flashback, so if this is the case and you need to update bios, you'll have to find an older ryzen cpu to update bios or take it to a local shop and asked them to update it for you

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

you might have to do a bios update, since the x570 might not have the correct bios for the 5000 series.

unfortunately, this board doesn't have bios flashback, so if this is the case and you need to update bios, you'll have to find an older ryzen cpu to update bios or take it to a local shop and asked them to update it for you

Oh man... the wrong bios would stop it from even trying to bring itself to life before giving up?  Dagnammit

closest shop that could help is an hour away... guess I’ll get my shoes on

12 minutes ago, Geordian said:

closest shop that could help is an hour away... guess I’ll get my shoes on

Call them and ask if they do BIOS updates, unless you really want to get out of the house for a couple hours and it doesn't matter either way

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Production label on the box should have bios number. If not it will likely have a production date that you can use to check likely bios number. You need bios 2607 or later, released 2020-08-17.

All else fails, AMD will lend you a cpu. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.