Ice Pack Under Laptop?

Muhlis

Another ridiculous question. I have a laptop cooler below my laptop. The cooler blows mild-ish air, not so cold. Let's say I put one of ice packs like below, under the cooler. The ice pack will release cold air, the cooler will blow it to laptop. Is it gonna make any difference? Or is it harmful?

Buz Aküsü Buz Kasedi Termos Soğuk Zincir Buz Kalıbı 10 Adet Fiyatları ve  Özellikleri

You want to put it below your intake?

It will prevent airflow and possibly allow condensation to build up where it really shouldn't be. Don't do it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Back when I was in high school, I was stuck with a overheating piece of shit Acer laptop. I would use these to put under the laptop cooler fan I got. It did make a slight difference but, overall not worth it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Back when I was in high school, I was stuck with a overheating piece of shit Acer laptop. I would use these to put under the laptop cooler fan I got. It did make a slight difference but, overall not worth it.

I also use an Acer laptop right now. Seems like they don't give much attention to the cooling (other than their gaming laptops). The computer can't reach the maximum 3.4 GHz under full load, it throttles at 95-degree Celsius (it was 70 by default, I changed it to 95). I must say that the laptop isn't old, it's only 1 year since I bought it.

2 minutes ago, Muhlis Gursoy said:

I also use an Acer laptop right now. Seems like they don't give much attention to the cooling (other than their gaming laptops). The computer can't reach the maximum 3.4 GHz under full load, it throttles at 95-degree Celsius (it was 70 by default, I changed it to 95). I must say that the laptop isn't old, it's only 1 year since I bought it.

Then underclock your CPU or disable turbo boost. There is no easy way to keep a device with inadequate cooling from factory cool.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Is it possible to re-paste the CPU yourself? I've had great success with this in the past, but I understand that non-gaming laptops aren't as easy to work on. While you're in there, you can remove all the trapped dust/hair from the vents and fans too.

If that is not an option, consider trying out ThrottleStop, a free program that allows easy CPU underclocking. I used this on my old laptop before I re-pasted it and it worked well for keeping temps under control.

I had no clue such solutions exist, not very practical or effective for a large period of time. 

Though if you got a freezer in your room it might work longterm!

-> Moved to Cooling

If you use those, have towels between them and the laptop. They sweat a lot and you don't want that kind of condensation anywhere near tech.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv