Mount 120mm AIO in back or top?

WhitetailAni
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

Top, I experimented with mine for a couple of weeks and I get the least pump whine when radiator is mounted up top.

I've been debating this for a bit, I watched GN's video, but I can't really figure out which is better.

Do I mount my ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO in the top of my case:

Spoiler

133466200_topmount.thumb.jpg.1594af004daf48ed0c014b44d8e6dc57.jpg

where there's technically room to doublestack fans if you have long enough screws (the top part comes off, you stick a fan in that part, and screw it back on), or the back:

Spoiler

237493179_backmount.thumb.jpg.aa4417ab3243bfc8e3a9848336f5a1d0.jpg

where it will stick into the case.

Is there any difference between the two, or does it come down to personal preference?

elephants

Top, I experimented with mine for a couple of weeks and I get the least pump whine when radiator is mounted up top.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

That's what I was thinking, since it won't eat up as much case space (it's like it was designed for a 120mm AIO!), but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the reassurance!

elephants

Top is the 'best' but it can be placed anywhere except for the bottom. Well it can be placed on the bottom but it's not good.

Basically this: As long as the pump -which is usually located inside the CPU block- isn't the highest point of the loop then you should be fine. Since air bubbles might get trapped in the pump.

Jayztwocents made a really good video explaining it. I will link it below so you can watch it.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+