Should i sell my gpu now, or should i wait?

Lord Szechenyi

i made this thread a few days ago, and it still holds up right now.

So my question is, should i sell my GPU now, or should i wait, hoping that the prices are going to go EVEN HIGHER and sell it for a higher price?

Good luck replacing it with something you want in the near future.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

i made this thread a few days ago, and it still holds up right now.

So my question is, should i sell my GPU now, or should i wait, hoping that the prices are going to go EVEN HIGHER and sell it for a higher price?

dont sell your gpu until 2022.
$200 extra now vs 2022 is not worth 6-18 months of trying to pick up cards on every single month and waiting as everybody else plays games

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Good luck replacing it with something you want in the near future.

at this point i'm just saying "fuck it, no more gaming"

so really i just want to know in terms of profit

2 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

my 970 was half destroyed, so I way over payed for a r9 fury, no regrets. 

so that's the opposite of what i'm saying?

i said i want to sell a gpu for a maximum profit, but here you are saying that you OVERPAID for a card.

which is the opposite of a profit

Any extra profits you make from it will be eclipsed by the extremely inflated price you pay for a new one. Unless you have a way to buy a new GPU at or near MSRP (you don't), it's not a good idea to sell.

Maybe sell it if you want to exit the PC space entirely, you could easily pay for most of if not all of a new console with that money.

If you already have a backup video card and don't mind using a lower tier graphics card just sell it. I don't know if you will see it go much higher or start to slowly decline considering it's only a 4GB card. Seems to be a lot available for sale on Craislist and other ads.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

12 hours ago, Shoopman said:

Any extra profits you make from it will be eclipsed by the extremely inflated price you pay for a new one. Unless you have a way to buy a new GPU at or near MSRP (you don't), it's not a good idea to sell.

Maybe sell it if you want to exit the PC space entirely, you could easily pay for most of if not all of a new console with that money.

no i'm planning on using integrated graphics, since besides maybe 2 games, i really don't need a gpu in my computer.

12 hours ago, alyen said:

If you already have a backup video card and don't mind using a lower tier graphics card just sell it. I don't know if you will see it go much higher or start to slowly decline considering it's only a 4GB card. Seems to be a lot available for sale on Craislist and other ads.

4GB???!!!!

Are you crazy??? it's an 8GB card!