Find a dual 8 pin (GPU) to 8 pin (PSU) cable for a seasonic power supply?

Go to solution Solved by Seasonic Rep,

Just drop us a message and we will assist you: support@seasonic.com

Thanks.

Hello! I need a cable for a new GPU (since I've sold my old cable with my old GPU, don't ask me why, I'm dumb), here is my psu: CORE GM (seasonic.com) (the 500w version). I've found this: adaptare 35118 20 cm Grafikkarte-Stromkabel 8-pin-PCIe-Stecker auf 2-mal 8-pin-(6+2) Stecker schwarz: Amazon.fr: Informatique but idk if it's the right cable, it seems to be but I want to be sure before buying it.

Edited because I putted the wrong link...

Here's a fun thing I discovered the other day, modular cables are not always interchangeable, and you can easily do very bad things to your hardware by trying.

So, if it were me, I'd ensure I was buying cables expressly made for your existing power supply.

Someone else may come along and give you better info, this is just what I have read. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Tutez said:

Hello! I need a cable for a new GPU (since I've sold my old cable with my old GPU, don't ask me why, I'm dumb), here is my psu: CORE GM (seasonic.com) (the 500w version). I've found this: COMeap ATX CPU 8 broches mâle à Double PCIe 2x 8 broches (6 + 2) mâle Adaptateur secteur Câble pour alimentation modulaire Corsair 25 pouces + 9 pouces (63 cm + 23 cm): Amazon.fr: Informatique but idk if it's the right cable, it seems to be but I want to be sure before buying it.

According to that listing, that's for a Corsair PSU.  Which means the wiring is completely opposite from Seasonic's.

16 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

According to that listing, that's for a Corsair PSU.  Which means the wiring is completely opposite from Seasonic's.

Yes but in the reviews, people complain because 2 pins of the cable are connected (even someone with a Corsair power supply!), but this is exactly how the pcie cables of my power supply look like!

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Here's a fun thing I discovered the other day, modular cables are not always interchangeable, and you can easily do very bad things to your hardware by trying.

So, if it were me, I'd ensure I was buying cables expressly made for your existing power supply.

Someone else may come along and give you better info, this is just what I have read. 

Yes, this is why I want to be sure before buying a potentially wrong cable. 

3 minutes ago, Tutez said:

Yes but in the reviews, people complain because 2 pins of the cable are connected (even someone with a Corsair power supply!), but this is exactly how the pcie cables of my power supply cables look like!

That's completely irrelevant, as those cables should absolutely not be used with your PSU.

:)

So... can someone find me a fine cable please? (I'm living in France.)

29 minutes ago, Tutez said:

Yes but in the reviews, people complain because 2 pins of the cable are connected (even someone with a Corsair power supply!), but this is exactly how the pcie cables of my power supply look like!

Right.  Because that's how they're made.  Proof positive that the majority of people that leave negative reviews on Amazon have no idea what they're doing.  😄

COMeap does make one for Seasonic.  Not sure how to locate it on their French website, though.

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Seasonic-Supply-25-inch/dp/B07S623681

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Right.  Because that's how they're made.  Proof positive that the majority of people that leave negative reviews on Amazon have no idea what they're doing.  😄

COMeap does make one for Seasonic.  Not sure how to locate it on their French website, though.

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Seasonic-Supply-25-inch/dp/B07S623681

It's not in stock in France and the shipping is literally doubling the original price 😕

I just noticed that I put the wrong amazon link 😑 I changed it to the right one.

22 minutes ago, Tutez said:

I just noticed that I put the wrong amazon link 😑 I changed it to the right one.

That one doesn't say WHAT it's for.  The only reference to Seasonic on the whole page is one user that said it didn't work on his Seasonic M12II.

Since the M12II cable should be the same as the Core, that cable isn't going to work either.

Why it's so hard to find this cable lmao, btw my new gpu is the rtx 3070 FE, idk if it's an useful information.

7 minutes ago, Tutez said:

Why it's so hard to find this cable lmao, btw my new gpu is the rtx 3070 FE, idk if it's an useful information.

It's easy to find.... outside of France.  😄

10 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

It's easy to find.... outside of France.  😄

lmao 😅

9 minutes ago, Tutez said:

lmao 😅

Ooh!  I have an idea!

Contact LDLC!  Seasonic makes LDLC's house brand!

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ooh!  I have an idea!

Contact LDLC!  Seasonic makes LDLC's house brand!

I will try, thanks!