Gpu Jumping from 20-100% usage while gaming and super loud

MarKinguin

Hello everyone,
I've got a problem since i bought mine PC, At first i was thinking it was nothing and it should work like that but the more time goes the annoying it gets.
Mine graphic is very loud while gaming and its almost all the time at 100% usage.
As soon as i start any game it sounds like an airplane.
I've tried underwolting and fan curve in msi afterburner still the same.
The gpu is running on about 65-68°C In games

My Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Gpu: AORUS Radeon™ RX580 XTR 8G
Ram: DDR4 16GB 2x8GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper 4 Series
SSD:128gb
HDD:1tb
PSU: 600w
image.thumb.png.82d5be38b54517994e257a26ed9d65d3.png

You want the GPU to be as close to 100 percent usage in gaming, so no issue there.

Is there a chance that Afterburner is conflicting with whatever software you show that screen shot of for fan control? When you change fan speed in Afterburner (even manually setting constant speed) does the GPU fan actually react to that change?

Is the fan noise you're hearing maybe another fan in the system, such as the CPU or case fans? The graph above shows a constant 867 RPM, which I wouldn't expect to be super loud, although cooler and fan design will impact that dramatically.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

You want the GPU to be as close to 100 percent usage in gaming, so no issue there.

Is there a chance that Afterburner is conflicting with whatever software you show that screen shot of for fan control? When you change fan speed in Afterburner (even manually setting constant speed) does the GPU fan actually react to that change?

Is the fan noise you're hearing maybe another fan in the system, such as the CPU or case fans? The graph above shows a constant 867 RPM, which I wouldn't expect to be super loud, although cooler and fan design will impact that dramatically.

Hello,
The cpu seems okay to me and doesnt show any problems.
The GPU Didnt react to the change on MSI Afterburner.
When i start any game it starts being loud till then its perfectly fine and almost unhearable.
Below is mine MSI Afterburner settings.

image.png.91ea54dd0442f6856f20d5b6ec1fccbe.png

3 minutes ago, MarKinguin said:

Hello,
The cpu seems okay to me and doesnt show any problems.
The GPU Didnt react to the change on MSI Afterburner.
When i start any game it starts being loud till then its perfectly fine and almost unhearable.
Below is mine MSI Afterburner settings.

Try closing any other software that might also be trying to control fan speed (Radeon, Aorus, etc.) and see if you can get AB to respond.

Can you post a screen shot of the main page of AB as well?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

10 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Try closing any other software that might also be trying to control fan speed (Radeon, Aorus, etc.) and see if you can get AB to respond.

This is the softwares that were on the PC when bought i didnt touch any of them on Aorus app center.
And i belive that is the main page of AB.
I will try now exiting the aorus app center and see how it works.

image.png

31 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

I tried closing the whole app center, still no luck.

It's a 580 what do you expect. If it isn't making any alarming nosie and just sounds like a fan spinning fast im 95% sure it's normal for your card. 

I've never heard of a fan spinning faster than it should by a significant margin, are you sure it's not coil whine