how safe it is to use silicone fan mounts instead of screws?

Mahbub

ok so today one of my fan screws got loose.. i tightened and the threads got spoilt now cant fit that corner tightly... so i was thinking if i buy some silicone or rubber fan mounts.. i wont have to eorry abt threading or loose nut.. can someone tell me how safe it is to mount fans with screws? also i have nzxt h500, it has rails for front fans instead of hole.. so is it safe to mount fan with rubber mounts on rails? will it be tight?

You talking something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NA-SAV4-Anti-Vibration-Silicon-Mount-Accessory/dp/B071W6KYCG/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=noctua+noise+isolation+mounts&qid=1614712158&sr=8-21

Totally fine.

Now, if the corner of the fan is physically damaged then they may not hold sufficiently. But, as a concept, they are fine for mounting fans and are used in many instances for noise reduction.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

4 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

You talking something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NA-SAV4-Anti-Vibration-Silicon-Mount-Accessory/dp/B071W6KYCG/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=noctua+noise+isolation+mounts&qid=1614712158&sr=8-21

Totally fine.

Now, if the corner of the fan is physically damaged then they may not hold sufficiently. But, as a concept, they are fine for mounting fans and are used in many instances for noise reduction.

thanks.. and no m talking the shorter ones..https://www.amazon.com/HONBAY-Rubber-Reducing-Anti-Vibration-Screws/dp/B077SLSV9V/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3M6QJUI6PPHLH&dchild=1&keywords=silicone+fan+mounts&qid=1614712536&sprefix=silicone+fan+mounts%2Caps%2C375&sr=8-6

and no the corner isint physically damaged.. just the threading is spoilt so nut isint tightening

Shorter ones do the same fundamental thing, so no issues there either.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

7 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Shorter ones do the same fundamental thing, so no issues there either.

Thanks.. ordered 60 of those..

53 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yup.

I installed my be-quiet! SilentWings 140mm/120mm exclusively with these (as they were included in the box), and nothing failed in the past two years since the PC was built. They're safe to use and fine.

Is it safe to use where there are rails instead of holes?

59 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

Is it safe to use where there are rails instead of holes?

Yes.

as long as the screw holes/rails aren't damaged where they are larger than they normally would be, there shouldn't be any danger of them falling out.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Should be OK as long as you don’t stretch them and they ping back and hit you in the eye

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv