Trying to upgrade my storage

Budget (including currency): 500-600 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: just general storage and some games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 as my boot drive

an ASUS x570-p motherboard and currently a 5 tb Toshiba as well as a 3tb Seagate drive. 

I want to have a raid setup preferably raid 5 although it doesn't look like my motherboard supports that. I would like the total capacity to be at least 8tb although I would prefer 12tb. Most of what I am storing is not critical and what I really want to make sure is safe I am going to be making a cold storage copy of.

3 minutes ago, aziraphale125 said:

Budget (including currency): 500-600 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: just general storage and some games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 as my boot drive

an ASUS x570-p motherboard and currently a 5 tb Toshiba as well as a 3tb Seagate drive. 

I want to have a raid setup preferably raid 5 although it doesn't look like my motherboard supports that. I would like the total capacity to be at least 8tb although I would prefer 12tb. Most of what I am storing is not critical and what I really want to make sure is safe I am going to be making a cold storage copy of.

Buy a NAS instead?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.