Case fans only controllable in BIOS

Hello there.

Long story short, I used to be able to control and set up custom curves for my case fans via various Windows apps. I used Gigabytes SIV as I have a Gigabyte motherboard. But now I can only adjust the speed of the fans or set up custom curves in the BIOS' Smart Fan.

Won't bore you why but I once had to take the cmos battery out to reset, since then the above described issue has been going on. Also, SIV won't even launch even after reinstalling it multiple times using different methods. No error shown, it just simply won't open.
Other Gigabyte apps work though, like RGB Fusion, works direct and through Gigabyte's App Center too.

Apps like Speedfan can't even detect the fans.
However, Corsair's ICUE software can see them and shows their RPM.

Had 2 BIOS updates since the problem (no changes to this issue) and I just have no clue where to even look or why taking the CMOS battery out would affect something like this...

System:

-Win 10 Pro X64

-Corsair Crystal 570X Case

-Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo updated to F12l bios.

-4 Corsair SP120 RGB fans connected to Sys fan ports on the motherboard (RGB cables connected to case control)
-2 Corsair fans that come with the H115I Pro AIO (I can control these through ICUE under the AIO settings without any issues)

Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

P.s. I know there's no need to keep messing with the fans, I just set up a curve I want in the BIOS and leave it be; hence why I dropped this issue for months. But if something doesn't work exactly as it should it does annoy me. What probably annoys me even more is that I can't fix it....

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, Matex9990 said:

Hello there.

Long story short, I used to be able to control and set up custom curves for my case fans via various Windows apps. I used Gigabytes SIV as I have a Gigabyte motherboard. But now I can only adjust the speed of the fans or set up custom curves in the BIOS' Smart Fan.

Won't bore you why but I once had to take the cmos battery out to reset, since then the above described issue has been going on. Also, SIV won't even launch even after reinstalling it multiple times using different methods. No error shown, it just simply won't open.
Other Gigabyte apps work though, like RGB Fusion, works direct and through Gigabyte's App Center too.

Had 2 BIOS updates since the problem (no changes to this issue) and I just have no clue where to even look or why taking the CMOS battery out would affect something like this...

System:

-Win 10 Pro X64

-4 Corsair SP120 RGB fans connected to Sys fan ports on the motherboard (RGB cables connected to case control)
-2 Corsair fans that come with the H115I Pro AIO (I can control these through ICUE under the AIO settings without any issues)

P.s. I know there's no need to keep messing with the fans, I just set up a curve I want in the BIOS and leave it be; hence why I dropped this issue for months. But if something doesn't work exactly as it should it does annoy me. What probably annoys me even more is that I can't fix it....

are you sure you installed the apps for intel and not amd platform? try not to download through gigabyte's app center. download it through the website....gigabyte.com and from home go to SUPPORT and from there choose utility then motherboard

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

On 3/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, Matex9990 said:

Hello there.

System:

-Win 10 Pro X64

oh sometimes it interferes with other programs as well. like for example if i have the amd master/store mi/if i'm not mistaken even HWiNFO imakes the easytune/SSD tool/etc not detect the hardware or unable to tune the computer. something like trhat.  hope that helps.