what do u think?

ronitnath

what makes you think it's fake? smoking - especially certain self-rolled cigarettes - can leave some nasty dust caked in a PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes, that's definitely real and possible from smoking next to a PC for a few years without cleaning. Even a few months it gets nasty.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I purchased 5x Noctua NF-A14s from an eBay seller after winning a bid. About a week goes by and the package comes. I opened it up and smelled vape smoke; especially around the cables. Looked at the post and the seller did not mention that and I contacted them about it and they said the fans were used in a computer at his friends house, who vaped. Was able to return them but I had to pay for shipping to send it back. 

Smoking can leave a film over anything. My mother's parents smoked and they had to clean the walls every so often to remove the film that built up on the walls. Just imagine the inside of your computer, and it will be tougher to clean/remove. It'll be very nasty.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Well, I do smoke at my post but my PC is under the desk (with no carpets).
My keyboard definitely suffers from this but I can tell you my PC is nowhere nearly as dusty as what you see in the video: that crap must have been the result of YEARS of smoking and above all, NOT cleaning the machine.
Every few months I vacuum everything inside and outside and roughly every year I deep clean my system. It's CLEAN, believe me. You only have to take care of it once in a while, and that's all.

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

This is very possible.  Though ... I'd guess that this could also be from cooking smoke.  That waxy buildup looks like the kind of thing that comes from a lot of frying of food. 

Suppose the customer here lives in a small 200 ft studio with a kitchenette. They would be sleeping, eating, smoking, and everything else around their computer.