Free Bandwith manager software like the killer control center?

Hans Power

Yo, just upgraded my rig to an MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi from an old Gigabyte Z97 board which came with Killer Ethernet. Initially the killer control center was absolute crap but over the last year or so I was using later versions very effectively. I need it when I use a download client which doesn't come with a bandwidth manager like Epic or the XBox App and want to watch a stream or something. Unfortunately the tool that MSI provides in their dragon center just doesn't work so I need to find a (free) alternative. I'd really appreciate some recommendations

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

13 minutes ago, Hans Power said:

Yo, just upgraded my rig to an MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi from an old Gigabyte Z97 board which came with Killer Ethernet. Initially the killer control center was absolute crap but over the last year or so I was using later versions very effectively. I need it when I use a download client which doesn't come with a bandwidth manager like Epic or the XBox App and want to watch a stream or something. Unfortunately the tool that MSI provides in their dragon center just doesn't work so I need to find a (free) alternative. I'd really appreciate some recommendations

If your router supports it, why not use QoS? Or whatever other traffic management features of your router?

2 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

If your router supports it, why not use QoS? Or whatever other traffic management features of your router?

Oh, I mean on the same PC, not on different devices. Wouldn't Windows 10 have to distribute whatever bandwidth comes in? If not, I don't know what you mean - it's a german telekom router.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

10 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Just took a look at the firmware and it has a bunch of security/privacy features like automatic IP changes and botnet protection and the usual port forwarding. No traffic management from what I can see.

9 hours ago, Hans Power said:

Just took a look at the firmware and it has a bunch of security/privacy features like automatic IP changes and botnet protection and the usual port forwarding. No traffic management from what I can see.

What is the make/model of yur router?

At the router level, traffic management would help with all devices, not just your PC. It’s more of a network-wide solution... if it is available.

1 hour ago, Falcon1986 said:

What is the make/model of yur router?

At the router level, traffic management would help with all devices, not just your PC. It’s more of a network-wide solution... if it is available.

It's a Telekom Router - A Speedport Smart 3 and no, it doesn't have the feature. I already turned the firmware upside down. I only have my PC and Smartphone connected, though. I only need a traffic manager so that Twitch streams or something like that play uninterrupted when I download a game on the PC XBox App, or something else which doesn't have a bandwidth limiter integrated. All on the same PC.

On 2/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, Hans Power said:

It's a Telekom Router - A Speedport Smart 3 and no, it doesn't have the feature. I already turned the firmware upside down. I only have my PC and Smartphone connected, though. I only need a traffic manager so that Twitch streams or something like that play uninterrupted when I download a game on the PC XBox App, or something else which doesn't have a bandwidth limiter integrated. All on the same PC.

There aren’t many free alternatives available, but you can try NetWorkx to see if it can do what you want.