ARGB-RGB Conversion for Aura Sync

Good day!

I just can't find a perfect answer for my question and I think you can help me out.

So, I have multiple ARGB components - my RGB fan hub (because I have 6 fans) that has a controller (aura sync compatibe), my RGB CPU air cooler, and coming soon is my m.2 nvme heatsink RGB (aura sync compatibe).  I need all these to be connected on a 5v3pin header (Add header) but my mobo just have RGB header - 12v4pins.

I can't give up my motherboard - TUF B450 Gaming pro because it has good reviews with thermals and etc, which just sucks because it doesn't have ARGB header - only 2 rgb headers.

Now my challenge is making it work like this

RGB Fan hub, RGB Cpu air cooler, NVME heatsink <connecting to my> ARGB hub (5v3pin hub) <which will then connect to the> Deepcool RGB Converter(converts 5v3pins to 12v4pins> to my motherboard RGB header (12v4pins)

It's pretty exhausting to go all the hassle just to get it to work. I would just want to sync everything with Aura sync.

I've already ordered  everything onine and just waiting for the items.  I just thought it might endanger my unit or something.  Can't find any online forums about this as well.  

Would that make sense? or would it be better if I just get a board with argb header.

Thank you for your time and more power.
Edited by LuckySprmCell
missing info

On 2/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, LuckySprmCell said:

Good day!

I just can't find a perfect answer for my question and I think you can help me out.

So, I have multiple ARGB components - my RGB fan hub (because I have 6 fans) that has a controller (aura sync compatibe), my RGB CPU air cooler, and coming soon is my m.2 nvme heatsink RGB (aura sync compatibe).  I need all these to be connected on a 5v3pin header (Add header) but my mobo just have RGB header - 12v4pins.

I can't give up my motherboard - TUF B450 Gaming pro because it has good reviews with thermals and etc, which just sucks because it doesn't have ARGB header - only 2 rgb headers.

Now my challenge is making it work like this

RGB Fan hub, RGB Cpu air cooler, NVME heatsink <connecting to my> ARGB hub (5v3pin hub) <which will then connect to the> Deepcool RGB Converter(converts 5v3pins to 12v4pins> to my motherboard RGB header (12v4pins)

It's pretty exhausting to go all the hassle just to get it to work. I would just want to sync everything with Aura sync.

I've already ordered  everything onine and just waiting for the items.  I just thought it might endanger my unit or something.  Can't find any online forums about this as well.  

Would that make sense? or would it be better if I just get a board with argb header.

Thank you for your time and more power.

Hello,

If you have all those ARGB components(I assume they are all ARGB, but you did switch to calling all of the items RGB afterwards), you would be downgrading all of them down to standard 12v RGB if you plan on using the converter box. It kind of defeats the purpose of having all these ARGB items if you are going reduce them down to single color patterns in order to control them via Aura. The best options are to go with an external ARGB controller that is compatible with all of your devices, or get a motherboard with an ARGB header.

DeepCool Support

12 hours ago, DeepCool zer0 said:

Hello,

If you have all those ARGB components(I assume they are all ARGB, but you did switch to calling all of the items RGB afterwards), you would be downgrading all of them down to standard 12v RGB if you plan on using the converter box. It kind of defeats the purpose of having all these ARGB items if you are going reduce them down to single color patterns in order to control them via Aura. The best options are to go with an external ARGB controller that is compatible with all of your devices, or get a motherboard with an ARGB header.

DeepCool Support

Hi!

It won't really matter if I end up downgrading them into (RGB), as long as I can sync everything in my motherboard - rams and other argb components.  I'm planning on having a mobo with argb for next upgrades (might not be soon), but in the mean time imma stick with this board bec of great reviews. 

Anyway, if I use an external ARGB controller, would I be able to sync it with my motherboard? or would it have the same 5v3pin connector for mobo?

My purpose is really having them on sync, even if it downgrades them into RGB.  Would sell these converters and adapters anyway after I upgrade.  
Was actually planning on selling my motherboard but,,, idk, kinda really wanna stick with TUF b450 gaming pro really.

Thanks bud