Where do I plug in my LED SW header?

Howdy folks, so I just got a nice case upgrade from my solid black fractal design r4 to an msi gungnir 110. This new case has come with an LED SW front panel header but I can't find anywhere as to where to plug it in on my mobo (MSI X570 A PRO) 

Any ideas?? 

32 minutes ago, InjuredSmurf said:

Howdy folks, so I just got a nice case upgrade from my solid black fractal design r4 to an msi gungnir 110. This new case has come with an LED SW front panel header but I can't find anywhere as to where to plug it in on my mobo (MSI X570 A PRO) 

Any ideas?? 

If I had this problem I would look in the manual.  One of the issues in the recent past has been motherboard manufacturers that also do cases and rgb have been running proprietary rgb stuff to force people who by one manufacturers part to buy that manufacturers other part. There was some indication this calmed down a bit but I’ve got no data.  In any case both the case and the mobo are MSI so there should be less chance of a problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If I had this problem I would look in the manual.  One of the issues in the recent past has been motherboard manufacturers that also do cases and rgb have been running proprietary rgb stuff to force people who by one manufacturers part to buy that manufacturers other part. There was some indication this calmed down a bit but I’ve got no data.  In any case both the case and the mobo are MSI so there should be less chance of a problem.

I've looked in the manual... neither of them address the LED SW header or where to put it.... there also seems to be very little documentation online about it. Never really dealt with RGB before and fancied a stab at having a synced up lighting thing going on. didn't know it was gonna be this complicated...

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

6 minutes ago, InjuredSmurf said:

I've looked in the manual... neither of them address the LED SW header or where to put it.... there also seems to be very little documentation online about it. Never really dealt with RGB before and fancied a stab at having a synced up lighting thing going on. didn't know it was gonna be this complicated...

Holy crap I've just been through MSI's website and it turns out i had to look at the specific fan model to find out the LED SW header runs to a fan controller! scrap that jazz, Am i right in thinking I can just straight up take the 3 ARGB fans and the included 3 - 1 cable adapter and run that to a JRAINBOW 3 pin header? or is that literally just for RGB and not fan contrrol?

4 hours ago, InjuredSmurf said:

Holy crap I've just been through MSI's website and it turns out i had to look at the specific fan model to find out the LED SW header runs to a fan controller! scrap that jazz, Am i right in thinking I can just straight up take the 3 ARGB fans and the included 3 - 1 cable adapter and run that to a JRAINBOW 3 pin header? or is that literally just for RGB and not fan contrrol?

I’m the wrong person to ask that I’m afraid.  My suspicion is no, though just because I remember argb as being 5 or be 5.5v and fans are 12v. I suggest a different thread for the new question.  Some of the more knowledgeable posters won’t even look at a post without system specs though since it’s often a complete waste of time so having those in the original post might help. Not sure if fans or troubleshooting would be the most useful place. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, InjuredSmurf said:

Any ideas?? 

i dont think you can hook it to the mb

at  the top i think the led switch hooks to it and the bottom sata power.

https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImageCompressAll1280/11-320-026-V14.jpg

msi gunner.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m the wrong person to ask that I’m afraid.  My suspicion is no, though just because I remember argb as being 5 or be 5.5v and fans are 12v. I suggest a different thread for the new question.  Some of the more knowledgeable posters won’t even look at a post without system specs though since it’s often a complete waste of time so having those in the original post might help. Not sure if fans or troubleshooting would be the most useful place. 

Thanks for you help. Definitely not buying a damn fan controller just for an operating button lmao. I'll create a new post