How to stream my pc from my uni accomodation to my home address (so i dont have to take my pc back home with me)

Joe1573

I own a windows 10 pc connected to gigabit ethernet that I want to keep with me at my uni accomdoation so i dont have to take my whole set up back home with me. Is there a way I could stream my pc from my accomodation onto my MACBOOK PRO at home (70 miles apart)? 

Sure plenty of ways to do so. But what will the streaming be used for? Working, gaming,... as there are multiple options and none is a best for all kinds.

Just now, jaslion said:

Sure plenty of ways to do so. But what will the streaming be used for? Working, gaming,... as there are multiple options and none is a best for all kinds.

primarlily for video editing and some light gaming hopfully, but i can live without gaming for a few weeks lol

Just now, JoeBenno said:

primarlily for video editing and some light gaming hopfully, but i can live without gaming for a few weeks lol

Parsec is pretty solid for that.

if your computer at uni has a nvidia video card you can use moonlight to stream your computer to any other laptop or pc and get it to render the graphics with your uni pc and can play them on a toaster and get good frps

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Parsec is pretty solid for that.

is it free?

56 minutes ago, JoeBenno said:

is it free?

It is. I use it to give me a Windows desktop on my Linux desktop and it works fine if your GPU on the streamed machine has a hardware encoder. Performance can get choppy at times though and you'll see that as a lot of fuzzy output on the screen.