Windows Stops Playing Audio and Video after Sleep Mode

The Snuggler

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing an extremely annoying issue for the past few weeks that has finally bothered me enough to warrant a post.

Every night I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the next day. Upon waking up, the computer no longer plays any videos or any audio (Both online such as YouTube and offline audio/video files). This happens about 80% of the time. More recently, my mouse has been intermittently not detected. The entire problem is "resolved" with a quick restart of the computer, but I am getting frustrated with having to do this almost daily.

Additionally, my wireless headphones somehow disconnect from Windows. I don't mean lose signal, I mean that Windows no longer detects the device until I re-plug in the receiver. So on the rare occasions where the above issue does not happen, I often need to re-plug my receiver for the headphones to work anyway.

This sounds like a driver or service issue to me but I am not knowledgeable enough to know for sure. I have Google'd and read about the possible fix being a restart of the Windows Audio, AudioEndpointBuilder, and Audiosrv services. I have tried this with no success.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any possible troubleshooting suggestions that I can try?

I am running Windows 10, version 20H2.

Thank you all very much for you help and time.

-Steven