Any Thunderbolt 3 docking/Display port that supports 5120x1440 240hz?

Dversity
Go to solution Solved by Dversity,

I bought the Cable Matters DP - USB C, shortest cable and I can confirm that it works fine with my Razer Blade 15 Adv and Odyssey G9 at 5120x1440 @ 240hz!! 😮

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-USB-C-Supporting/dp/B01J6DT070/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=thunderbolt+3+to+displayport&qid=1614776105&sr=8-3

Wohoo. Thanks for the reply guys! Case finally solved. 

I just bought a Razer Blade Advanced 2020 which has no mini displayport and I want to connect it to my Odyssey G9 ultrawide monitor. 

I bought a cheap USB-C to Displayport and it didnt go that well. The monitor started to go crazy. 

Are there any good TB3 docking stations that will support 5120x1440 at (preferably)  240hz?

How about direct thunderbolt 3 connection from the laptop to the monitor? With a supported USB-C cable? That doesn't work? I think Razer blade has a couple of TB3 controllers, should be capable. Unless the monitor doesn't have a TB3 port

8 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

How about direct thunderbolt 3 connection from the laptop to the monitor? With a supported USB-C cable? That doesn't work? I think Razer blade has a couple of TB3 controllers, should be capable. Unless the monitor doesn't have a TB3 port

Very few monitors to my knowledge have thunderbolt 3, and he's most likely using a Samsung Odyssey G9 since it seems to be the only one with a 5120x1440 resolution and 240hz refresh rate. And the G9 does not feature thunderbolt.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Very few monitors to my knowledge have thunderbolt 3, and he's most likely using a Samsung Odyssey G9 since it seems to be the only one with a 5120x1440 resolution and 240hz refresh rate.

Laptop Docking Stations | Dell USA

look here.. Dell has some of the most high end docking stations out there.. But I don't know weather anything supports more than 4k60fps.. 

Check if the monitor has a USB-C display input.. I think some have it. I'm not familiar with your monitor. and I think that 1440 ultrawide requires HDMI 2.1 standard.. and I don't know which docking stations support it.. It's all a big mess. fortunately, I didn't need to mess around with any of it yet, my stuff isn't as high in resolution and refresh rate as yours. Wish I could be more helpful 

I've seen some docking stations that say they support 1440p at 144hz, I might give them a go. I've also seen straight USB C to DP like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-USB-C-Supporting/dp/B01J6DT070/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=thunderbolt+3+to+displayport&qid=1614776105&sr=8-3

They say it supports 8k at 60hz refresh rate. If that is the case, 5120x1440 at 240/144hz should not be a problem? Considering 5120x1440 is 7,37 mill pixels, and 8k is 12 mill pixels. 

Question is, am I better off buying a proper expensive TB3 docking with displayport, or do these cheap cables actually work? 

Didnt really think that TB3 would cause so much trouble for me, im a bit surprised.  Razer really fucked up by removing the mini-DP port. It !"#!%¤!s

I bought the Cable Matters DP - USB C, shortest cable and I can confirm that it works fine with my Razer Blade 15 Adv and Odyssey G9 at 5120x1440 @ 240hz!! 😮

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-USB-C-Supporting/dp/B01J6DT070/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=thunderbolt+3+to+displayport&qid=1614776105&sr=8-3

Wohoo. Thanks for the reply guys! Case finally solved.