Constantly getting FB crashes, no help found anywhere else

I have been having this persistent issue since FB switched to the "new" interface where the tab will eat up excessive amounts of memory and then crash. During this crash, other tabs in the browser are not affected.

This occurs in Chrome, Firefox and Opera, and it does not matter if the browser has been recently installed or has any add-ons (occurs in Safe Mode with no add-ons in all 3 browsers). All browsers are up to date. I do not typically run an excessive amount of tabs (usually no more than 2). This has occurred across multiple Windows 10 Pro installations as well as two entirely separate computers. it does not matter if hardware acceleration is enabled or disabled in the browser.

This only seems to occur if I leave FB open for more than a few hours, and I gradually see the tab's performance decline before completely seizing. The only workaround I seem to find is to occasionally close the entire browser and relaunch. I have searched far and wide on forums and other pieces of the internet to find a satisfactory answer, but no luck. It seems that this is not an uncommon issue since the FB facelift but no good answer has been found.

Regarding my hardware, currently I run a Ryzen 3900x processor at 4 GHz, 32 GB of DDR4 RAM, an RTX 3070 OC video card, an M.2 SSD on which the browsers are installed, with Windows 10 Pro. I am not convinced my hardware is the culprit.

My previous computer, which also experienced the issue, had an Intel Core i7-7700K processor, 32 GB of DDR4 RAM, NVME M.2 SSD for the OS, GTX-1080 video card, SATA SSD for the browsers, and also Windows 10 Pro.

I am also religious about keeping Windows up to date, and this issue has occurred across multiple builds.

As expected, it is impossible to get any actual help from FB and their forums are equally useless.

Please help!  This is SUCH a frustrating issue given how central FB has become to staying connected with others.

Have you tried fiddling with Facebook settings? I don't understand what could cause memory usage runaway.. maybe it's allowed to preload unlimited amounts or videos or something.. I think there's a way that they don't play unless you click on them or something..

But this is really strange

2 hours ago, Light-Yagami said:

Have you tried fiddling with Facebook settings? I don't understand what could cause memory usage runaway.. maybe it's allowed to preload unlimited amounts or videos or something.. I think there's a way that they don't play unless you click on them or something..

But this is really strange

I tried but I could not find a single setting relating to preloading, feed size, anything like this.  I did find an auto-play video setting but I've had this turned off for ages.  As expected, the settings in FB are dumbed down to the point of near-uselessness.

I've also tried extensive google-fu and the answers so far seem to all be "try a different browser" or "upgrade your RAM".  Obviously neither of these responses are particularly helpful. -_-

FB 1.png

FB 2.png

FB 3.png