GTA 5 online hack attack crashed pc

Nakko

Hello all

I had few clashrs with modders/ hackers/ trolls playing GTA V online (recently purchased)

They normally are ablevto crash my game or kick me out of session

but once they manage to kill my network connection on both router and 💻.

Rputher I have sorted resetting it.

laptop I had to reset network configuration flash dns ... it took me long time⌛.

since then I'm experiencing blue screen of death PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I have report the hack attack here on UK police but there is little they can do as they have not stole any info?

I believe that the responsibility is on rockstar North / take 2 as their systems are compromise but still up and selling a product with vulnerability

what do you think?

2 minutes ago, Nakko said:

Hello all

I had few clashrs with modders/ hackers/ trolls playing GTA V online (recently purchased)

They normally are ablevto crash my game or kick me out of session

but once they manage to kill my network connection on both router and 💻.

Rputher I have sorted resetting it.

laptop I had to reset network configuration flash dns ... it took me long time⌛.

since then I'm experiencing blue screen of death PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I have report the hack attack here on UK police but there is little they can do as they have not stole any info?

I believe that the responsibility is on rockstar North / take 2 as their systems are compromise but still up and selling a product with vulnerability

what do you think?

yeah thats pretty fucked up.. did you call rockstar support already?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

2 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

yeah thats pretty fucked up.. did you call rockstar support already?

I did they offer refund of the game... not sure this is enough tho.

Reading on various thread this is an ongoing issue for years.

I'm playing on a brand new laptop with official and original software from one of the biggest game houses this is very concerning as they seems to be OK with it.

5 minutes ago, Nakko said:

I did they offer refund of the game... not sure this is enough tho.

Reading on various thread this is an ongoing issue for years.

I'm playing on a brand new laptop with official and original software from one of the biggest game houses this is very concerning as they seems to be OK with it.

A refund... Thats absolutely disgusting, you should straight up go hard on them and request a new laptop.. see what they say on that lmao

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Probably not "ok" with it. There is a probably legal reasons why it comes across that way.

I guess the only true way to keep people safe is to scrap multiplayer games entirely.

8 minutes ago, Nakko said:

I did they offer refund of the game..

A refund? Did you actually buy it or did you get it for free? They were giving away the game for free on Epic Games for a while.

"We're sorry that there's so many hackers and cheaters infesting our game that it ruins the experience for anyone trying to play online. Here's you $0.00 back and the game has been removed from your library."

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Yes I bought GTA V from them August 2020 also all GTAs for mobile too...

extra time during covid pandemic... and I've played all their game (buying original software since GTA2) 

so yes the game is still on sale

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

A refund? Did you actually buy it or did you get it for free? They were giving away the game for free on Epic Games for a while.

"We're sorry that there's so many hackers and cheaters infesting our game that it ruins the experience for anyone trying to play online. Here's you $0.00 back and the game has been removed from your library."

Yes I bought GTA V from them August 2020 also all GTAs for mobile too...

extra time during covid pandemic... and I've played all their game (buying original software since GTA2) 

so yes the game is back on sale

yeah but game is known to be infested with hackers, did you not do any research prior to buying? 

At least RS is offering a refund, I'd take it and move on tbh, it's not like they could do *anything* about the hackers... it's also the reason most people even play, I'd wager. (tech term is 'noobhunting') 

I mean, I know these guys, even tho I never played GTAV, they will not stop until the game goes offline, so what exactly do you expect RS to do? 

The direction tells you... the direction. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 2/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Ertman said:

Probably not "ok" with it. There is a probably legal reasons why it comes across that way.

I guess the only true way to keep people safe is to scrap multiplayer games entirely.

Thats an interesting 'idea' but the truth is it's a small number of games with issues on this scope and in case of GTAV this is just part of the culture, it started back then on PS3 (and I guess xbox) and the reason is that it happens in some games is that they're terribly programmed with loopholes everywhere and in GTAV's case it's so successful that the devs would be stupid to actually do something about it. yes, I'm sure they'll try fixing the most egregious stuff, but in the end in such an environment (with bad code) there isn't really anything much they can do. 

Tldr: make hacking extremely easy and you literally get what you paid for (which in this case is one of the most successful games in history afaik, and one of the buggiest...) 

The direction tells you... the direction. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC