MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Trio X vs XFX Radeon 6800 XT

I have to choose either one, but I can't decide. Any recommendations?

6800 XT competes with RTX 3080, it is much better than RTX 2080 ti (unless you care about ray tracing then the 2080ti may actually be better in only that particular scenario)

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

6800 XT competes with RTX 3080, it is much better than RTX 2080 ti (unless you care about ray tracing then the 2080ti may actually be better in only that particular scenario)

what about wattage? Yes I do care about ray tracing but it looks like the 6800 XT can do ray tracing

1 minute ago, JoshuaKoe said:

what about wattage? Yes I do care about ray tracing but it looks like the 6800 XT can do ray tracing

6800XT can do ray tracing but not as well as NVIDIA.

And they should have similar power requirements.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

6800XT can do ray tracing but not as well as NVIDIA.

And they should have similar power requirements.

so if I want to play ray tracing games, I should go with NVIDIA? and I heard that AMD GPUs tend to suck more power than NVIDIA.

5 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

so if I want to play ray tracing games, I should go with NVIDIA?

In Ray Tracin the NVIDIA card will be better but in games that can't use Ray Tracing the AMD card will be better.

6 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

and I heard that AMD GPUs tend to suck more power than NVIDIA.

In this case, no.

Here's the list of games I will be playing

- Minecraft Java

- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition (in RTX)

- PC Building Simulator

- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

- Tomb Raider (2012)

- Cities Skylines

- Among Us

- Civilization VI

- Rocket League

- Unreal Tournament

- GTA V

- Apex Legends

- Fortnite

- League of Legends

- Valorant

- DOTA 2

- ARMA II

- Counter-Strike

- FarCry

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

- PUBG

- DOOM

- Battlefield

- Rise of The Tomb Raider

Can you recommend the card that will play these games best?

44 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

- Minecraft Java

- PC Building Simulator

- Tomb Raider (2012)

- Cities Skylines

- Among Us

- Civilization VI

- Rocket League

- Unreal Tournament

- GTA V

- Apex Legends

- Fortnite

- League of Legends

- Valorant

- DOTA 2

- ARMA II

- Counter-Strike

- FarCry

- PUBG

- DOOM

- Battlefield

Performance: RTX 2080ti

Budget: 6800xt

Dream build:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-10600K | GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L| RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  16GB (2x8) CL18 3600MHz |

Intel 660P 512GB NVMe | Kingston A400 SSDNow 480GB 2.5" | WD "Caviar" Blue 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" | MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ | THERMALTAKE RGB H200 USB 3.0 |

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro

Monitors:

(1) LG 27'" 27Gl650F-B 144hz 1ms IPS G-Sync Pivot 3

(2) Acer Predator XB241YUbmiprz 23.8" 144Hz 1ms G-Sync

Headset:

Kingston HyperX HX-HSCSC2-BK-WW Cloud Stinger Core 

1 hour ago, cottechguy said:

Performance: RTX 2080ti

Budget: 6800xt

Dude, are you on meds? RTX 2080 Ti for performance and RX 6800 XT for budget......seriously? Have you been keeping up with the recent performance uplift with RDNA 2 and Ampere, or are you still on Turing? 

Would that mean, to you, that the RX 6900 XT that I have just qualifies as performance against the RTX 2080 Ti, or does it still fall under 'Budget' against the mighty RTX 2080 Ti? For rasterized games (vast majority of games), the RTX 2080 Ti can't compete with the RX 6800 XT, which as someone had pointed out, competes against the RTX 3080.

Presently, AMD can't compete against nVidia RT performance, especially with DLSS, but AMD has announced that FidelityFX Super Resolution should be coming out in April, so I'd suggest you wait and see if it helps AMD level the playing field against nVidia in RT games. I'd expect some performance boost, but by how much, I can't say.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

3 hours ago, JoshuaKoe said:

- Minecraft Java

- PC Building Simulator

- Tomb Raider (2012)

- Cities Skylines

- Among Us

- Civilization VI

- Rocket League

- Unreal Tournament

- GTA V

- Apex Legends

- Fortnite

- League of Legends

- Valorant

- DOTA 2

- ARMA II

- Counter-Strike

- FarCry

- PUBG

- DOOM

- Battlefield

Minecraft RTX doenst even work with AMD gpus , if both are the same price and you really care about rtx then it's 2080ti , if the 2080ti is more expensive...don't do it. 6800 xt is roughly 40% faster and cheaper.

Maybe wait and try to get a reasonably priced 3070

22 minutes ago, bruh11111 said:

Minecraft RTX doenst even work with AMD gpus , if both are the same price and you really care about rtx then it's 2080ti , if the 2080ti is more expensive...don't do it. 6800 xt is roughly 40% faster and cheaper.

Maybe wait and try to get a reasonably priced 3070

the problem is I'm getting it for free soo...

14 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

the problem is I'm getting it for free soo...

Which one ? 6800 xt ? Fucking flip it on ebay for 1500$ lmao , easy money.

Just kidding , is it by any chance the Jayztwocents giveaway? Or someone giving it to you ? 

Tbh the 6800xt is just pure raw horsepower , it's a truly powerful gpu , and AMD is working on a DLSS alternative and more features.

The 2080 ti is still very powerful and has more features.

It really depends on what you want , mediocore ray tracing performance and insane performance in general ? Or good ray tracing performance and mediocre performance ? 

Depends on the resolution as well...2080 ti is gonna struggle in 4K.

32 minutes ago, bruh11111 said:

is it by any chance the Jayztwocents giveaway? Or someone giving it to you ? 

yes, if i don't win it i'll save up some money to buy it though

7 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

Lmao , i thought u already won it.

Don't get ur hopes too high bro.

It's like 400-500k people signed up.

If u wanna save and buy, just save and buy a 3080 or a 3070. They have all you need , ray tracing and really good performance for the price.

3 minutes ago, bruh11111 said:

Lmao , i thought u already won it.

Don't get ur hopes too high bro.

It's like 400-500k people signed up.

If u wanna save and buy, just save and buy a 3080 or a 3070. They have all you need , ray tracing and really good performance for the price.

Alright. Are there any difference between vendors on graphics card? Like any software or hardware differences?

13 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

Alright. Are there any difference between vendors on graphics card? Like any software or hardware differences?

U mean different AIBs ? MSI XFX etc...?

If so yes there is difference in temperature of the card , noise , and sometimes a bit of power consumption and performance.

Look at reviews and see the best one for the price.

8 minutes ago, bruh11111 said:

U mean different AIBs ? MSI XFX etc...?

If so yes there is difference in temperature of the card , noise , and sometimes a bit of power consumption and performance.

Look at reviews and see the best one for the price.

Alright! It's actually 8:22 PM on my location rn so I'm gonna log off for the night. I'll research tomorrow. Thanks for the help! 🙂 see you tomorrow! 

4 hours ago, JoshuaKoe said:

Hopefully, by the time you've saved enough, these new GPU's would be readily available because, as of now,, the RX 6000 and RTX 3000 series cards are in short supply, very short supply. That's why they've jumped up in price, and even older RTX 2000, GTX1000 and RX 5000 series cards are also relatively expensive. In my neck of the woods, only the craptastic GTX 1650 4GB is available, many other cards from both AMD and nVidia are hard to find, and if available, they'd be sold at higher than normal price.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

9 hours ago, JoshuaKoe said:

- Minecraft Java

- PC Building Simulator

- Tomb Raider (2012)

- Cities Skylines

- Among Us

- Civilization VI

- Rocket League

- Unreal Tournament

- GTA V

- Apex Legends

- Fortnite

- League of Legends

- Valorant

- DOTA 2

- ARMA II

- Counter-Strike

- FarCry

- PUBG

- DOOM

- Battlefield

These games I would say the cheapest one. Probably a 3060 ti or the 6700 when it comes out.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x