So I got into anime...

old reece frost

So I recently got into anime after a close friend recommended it to me, and have watched a few, I've watched Baka and Test 1 and 2, Blue Exorcist, Death Note and am currently watching Sword Art Online.

I would just like to say that anime is awesome ^.^ I never really thought of it being good until I watched Baka.

Baka opened me up to the world of anime, and it is an amazing world! I want to ask the anime lovers on LTT which animes they'd think I'd enjoy, there is one thing to keep in mind though. It has to be dubbed.

So go ahead, recommend me an anime to watch after I finish Sword Art Online :3

As people keep asking 'why dubbed?'

It's because I have dyslexia so reading really isn't one of my strong points.

Edited by evilHamsterzZz

At what epsiode are you atm? Maybe we can still save you. Also dubbed? I watch everything subbed because the voice acting is far better. But one i know has an English Dub is Durarara! and i think Mirrai Nikki also has one. 

Since you're new to anime I highly recommend you get used to watching subbed anime. Learn to appreciate the Japanese language and don't write it off as "annoying". You'll have so much more awesome anime to enjoy.

If you don't mind how Japanese sounds and you're just not into reading subtitles, then again I recommend getting used to it. Not only does it open you up to more anime (as per the above reason) it's a way to branch into other foreign movies/shows. You'll adjust very quickly to being able to read and pay attention to the show.

Edit: Some shows I enjoy are as follows (I don't know if dubbed exists for all of them as I don't normally look for/watch dubbed anime, I also haven't watch all the shows you've suggested)

- Attack On Titan

- Elfen Lied (Note: nudity)

- Berserk (Note: nudity)

- Rurouni Kenshin

- Bleach

- Naruto & Naruto Shippuuden

- Samurai Champloo

- Neon Genesis Evangelion

- Silver Spoon

- Log Horizon

I recommend checking out Crunchyroll if you're not already aware of it.

At what epsiode are you atm? Maybe we can still save you. Also dubbed? I watch everything subbed because the voice acting is far better. But one i know has an English Dub is Durarara! and i think Mirrai Nikki also has one. 

Episode 5, why? Is it bad?

Fullmetal alchemist and HunterXHunter are good......as for the "it has to be dubbed" you'd really be missing out on alot especially the ones most similar to the anime you listed like guilty crown and accel world(think it has some dubbed)

Since you're new to anime I highly recommend you get used to watching subbed anime. Learn to appreciate the Japanese language and don't write it off as "annoying". You'll have so much more awesome anime to enjoy.

If you don't mind how Japanese sounds and you're just not into reading subtitles, then again I recommend getting used to it. Not only does it open you up to more anime (as per the above reason) it's a way to branch into other foreign movies/shows. You'll adjust very quickly to being able to read and pay attention to the show.

I have dyslexia so reading isn't one of my strong points.

I also suggest you get use to subbed somehow even though you have dyslexia because most dubbed series have abysmal voice acting... It makes some of em unwatchable. 

Plus you may learn some jap over time. 

Vy26ooM.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Episode 5, why? Is it bad?

After epsiode 15 (somewhat the new season. But technically not.) it becomes worse. But awful but just not as good and it somewhat breaks it. So if you feel like watching afte episode 15 tell me how you feelt about it. I didn't know about that when i started watching it. I would probably still watch because it drives me crazy to not finish something. But lots of people will not recommend doing so and i agree that it becomes a lot worse. 

I also suggest you get use to subbed somehow even though you have dyslexia because most dubbed series have abysmal voice acting... It makes some of em unwatchable. 

Plus you may learn some jap over time. 

Vy26ooM.gif

So far I know what otaku means :3

I have dyslexia so reading isn't one of my strong points.

I see. Well since I have no idea what that's like I can't say for sure if you'd adjust to it but it could be worth trying.

Also, I edited in a bunch of suggestions to my above post so check them out. Some of them might be dubbed if that's what you have to watch.

After epsiode 15 (somewhat the new season. But technically not.) it becomes worse. But awful but just not as good and it somewhat breaks it. So if you feel like watching afte episode 15 tell me how you feelt about it. I didn't know about that when i started watching it. I would probably still watch because it drives me crazy to not finish something. But lots of people will not recommend doing so and i agree that it becomes a lot worse. 

When I see episode 15, I'll let you know what I thought about it.

So far I know what otaku means :3

What does it mean? (Loads of people don't use it the proper way.) 

When I see episode 15, I'll let you know what I thought about it.

15 is still good. AFTER 15 (Meaning 16 and higher) it gets worse. 

Full Metal Alchemist (both, brotherhood and the original have different stories) and of course Dragon Ball (all of them except GT, which I can only explain as "not lore friendly").

15 is still good. AFTER 15 (Meaning 16 and higher) it gets worse. 

What show are you talking about? If it's SAO, I think it's great from start to finish. Loved the show.

What does it mean? (Loads of people don't use it the proper way.) 

Well, the friend who recommended me into anime said that it meant someone obsessed with something. Like computers. That was the example he gave.

Is that right?

What show are you talking about? If it's SAO, I think it's great from start to finish. Loved the show.

It sure as hell gets worse *SPOILER ALERT OP DON'T READ* once Alfheim Online ''hits'' 

It sure as hell gets worse *SPOILER ALERT OP DON'T READ* once Alfheim Online ''hits'' 

I don't think so. It drastically changes, yes, but it getting worse is just personal opinion. I enjoyed that arc.

Well, the friend who recommended me into anime said that it meant someone obsessed with something. Like computers. That was the example he gave.

Is that right?

It actually means freak. (negative.) We anime fans for whatever reasons turned it into something positive. 

Welp we'll see what SAO season 2 brings to the tablet this summer. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The lack of Code Geass reccomendation is disturbing /Darth Vader, oh and Mechs in general really. Dubs are pretty good in most Gundam series.

Detective conan Dubbed and subbed is great!

I can go on but i need my " bookshelf library" to give out subestions.

And not on a phone with 8% battery....

It actually means freak. (negative.) We anime fans for whatever reasons turned it into something positive. 

It's still pretty bad in Japan to be called a Otaku lol... I wouldn't dare call myself one even in English in another country. Well I'm not one so I guess I'm in the safe zone anyway. 

Baka and Test is one of my all time favorite shows. Sooooo funny. Disappointed that it has to be dubbed for you though, because most dubs are pretty awful. Baka and Test's dub was good, as are Funimation's, and some random animes here and there. Just saying. 

COMIC SANS

The lack of Code Geass reccomendation is disturbing /Darth Vader, oh and Mechs in general really. Dubs are pretty good in most Gundam series.

Detective conan Dubbed and subbed is great!

I can go on but i need my " bookshelf library" to give out subestions.

And not on a phone with 8% battery....

Good lord Detective conan all the way up there in the 700+ now... I remember stopping somewhere mid 600... good god....