2060S or 5600XT?

BrianZUUUU

During all these chaos happening in the world, COVID and Miners, it's literally impossible to buy the 30 series card, and I don't see it becoming available within this year, but I wanted to build a PC this year, so after all my research, I've come to this question.

Should I buy the more stable 2060S or AMD's last gen 5600XT boi?

Also, I would love to know whether or not did the BIOS updates over the years make the 5600XT more stable? 

Thanks.

P.S. 5600XT cost $50 less in my region.

2060super is definitely better in terms of performance. But i would just get what ever is in stock first.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 minutes ago, BrianZUUUU said:

During all these chaos happening in the world, COVID and Miners, it's literally impossible to buy the 30 series card, and I don't see it becoming available within this year, but I wanted to build a PC this year, so after all my research, I've come to this question.

Also, I would love to know whether or not did the BIOS updates over the years make the 5600XT more stable? 

Thanks.

How much is each (and your currency?) I'd get the 5600xt. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

4 minutes ago, BrianZUUUU said:

Thanks.

Ooh.  5700xt was considered a 1080 card so it would be faster than a 2060S.  I dunno about the 5600xt. They’re probably close enough that it would depend on what you are doing. The biggest difference I can think of is the 2060S has an nvenc encoder so if you’re streaming you can do it in hardware and save yourself some processor cycles.  They’ve also got some drivers specialized for color work.  If you’re just gaming though I couldn’t tell you which would be faster. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, BrianZUUUU said:

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

How much is each (and your currency?) I'd get the 5600xt. 

Both are in stock in my region. 

The Nvidia 2060 costs around $2699 and $2950 for the Super version.

The 5600XT costs 2350 here.

Just now, BrianZUUUU said:

Both are in stock in my region. 

The Nvidia 2060 costs around $2699 and $2950 for the Super version.

The 5600XT costs 2350 here.

Not sure what flavor of $ that is.  Doesn’t sound like USA$.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Not sure what flavor of $ that is.  Doesn’t sound like USA$.

Ohh it's Hong Kong Dollar :D, $7.7 HKD = $1 USD

Dumb factoid:  the word “dollar” was a mispronunciation of the Dutch “Thaler” which was the most stable currency internationally  when the USA$ got created. 

25 minutes ago, BrianZUUUU said:

Thanks.

Honestly just get whichever comes in stock first, you can't be too picky atm considering gpu prices right now.

I am biased as I have a 2060S, but it does pretty darn all right in most anything. It hits 60fps in everything (at ultra) I have thrown at it on a 1440p screen and will hit 144fps (at ultra) in most mediumly demanding games. TBH, whatever is in stock go for it though. Stock where I live is at the point of like $400 for a GTX 1070. (slight exaggeration, but you get the point)

*Hi from HK btw

I would choose the 5600xt if I could choose. Although It is a clear win for the 2060s in different games, but the 5600xt if more budge friendly, with less power usage, more recent, lower temperatures and cheaper price. The 2060s is around 15-25% better than the 5600xt in games, but definitely 5600xt if you can get it within 2350 HKD.

Stats:

8823 vs 7859 in timespy (2060s vs 5600xt in 160w)

121FPS vs 113FPS in Shadow of the Tomb Raider 1080p high

hope this helped!

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8GB)
  • GPU
    EVGA RTX 3090 OC
  • Case
    Corsair icue 4000x
  • Storage
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB x2
  • PSU
    Corsair RM1000X 80+ Gold certified
  • Display(s)
    ROG Swift PG278QR 27” x2
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken Z73

I would say the 5600xt if you want or agree to overclock as it has a lot of headroom to do that (sapphire pulse edition is really good), mine is running at 2100mhz gpu core @1120mv, 1860 memory with low temp (core at 70°max) with some tricks you can find on the web.

But even without overclocking, the gain from the 2060 super isn't big enough to worth the $600 more you have to pay to get the super model

Edited by Akluin
Misspell on sapphire and corrected voltage

Both cards are 1440p cards, can deliver around 60fps at 1440p.

5600xt suppose to compete (beat) with 2060 vanilla, but nvidia counteract this with 2060super.

In many benchmarks 2060 super did win by a slight margin.

5600xt suppose to be cheaper than 2060, so if you want a cheaper price for similar perfomance, get 5600xt.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, KiddoTech said:

*Hi from HK btw

I would choose the 5600xt if I could choose. Although It is a clear win for the 2060s in different games, but the 5600xt if more budge friendly, with less power usage, more recent, lower temperatures and cheaper price. The 2060s is around 15-25% better than the 5600xt in games, but definitely 5600xt if you can get it within 2350 HKD.

Stats:

8823 vs 7859 in timespy (2060s vs 5600xt in 160w)

121FPS vs 113FPS in Shadow of the Tomb Raider 1080p high

hope this helped!

For short, get 5600xt

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

PC Build:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8GB)
  • GPU