Intel B560 + Intel i7-11700K / i9-11900K

Hi!

I'm considering going Intel for my next PC due to the cheaper CPUs compared to the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

I need PCIE 4.0 for the SSD as it seems flight sim seems to like faster SSDs (And some games i play take SUPER long to load due to the sheer ammount of mods) as well as I make youtube videos once a week for now. Plus the Corsair MP600 CORE isnt much more expensive than the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro for example.

Would there be any point saving the money with going B560 (Eg ASUS ROG Strix B560-E - £200 ish), but taking advantage of the much higher base clocks as well as the 5GHz+ boost for the K series CPUs? Whilst saving about ~£130 (ASUS ROG Strix B550-F is £320)

(Also the reason for sticking with ASUS is Corsair iCUE intergration)

I hope this makes sense

On 2/23/2021 at 2:07 AM, TrainNutter said:

Hi!

I'm considering going Intel for my next PC due to the cheaper CPUs compared to the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

I need PCIE 4.0 for the SSD as it seems flight sim seems to like faster SSDs (And some games i play take SUPER long to load due to the sheer ammount of mods) as well as I make youtube videos once a week for now. Plus the Corsair MP600 CORE isnt much more expensive than the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro for example.

Would there be any point saving the money with going B560 (Eg ASUS ROG Strix B560-E - £200 ish), but taking advantage of the much higher base clocks as well as the 5GHz+ boost for the K series CPUs? Whilst saving about ~£130 (ASUS ROG Strix B550-F is £320)

I hope this makes sense

Honestly i would go for the 5800x. It already has pcie 4.0 and should work fine because it not first gen. Not sure how much the 5 ghz will boost your fps. That’s a gamble rn.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, TrainNutter said:

Hi!

I hope this makes sense

The Asus B550-F is around £165 so not sure where you are getting £320 from ? Even the X570-F isn't that much.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/JXBhP6/asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming

The 11700K/11900K will both need a very good cooler, as current 10th gen already runs hot. Also 8 core is the max so the 11900K will top out at 8 cores rather than 10 on the 10900K. A Z590 board would make more sense if going with a 'K' cpu as that allows for cpu overclocking. I believe Intel are allowing Ram overclocking on the B560 chipset, but cpu overclocking is still only on the 'Z' chipset.

I would say wait for reviews/pricing of the 11th gen before making any decisions.