Bluetooth adapter only shows hands-free audio option and not stereo

Levator

I recently got a bluetooth usb adapter from Techkey, and the only option in windows is hands-free audio despite the software saying it should also have a stereo mode, does anyone know a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Techkey.PNG

techkey2.PNG

Maybe a dumb question, but is it playing back in stereo despite the labelling issue you show above? Or is it mono?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

-> Moved to Audio

Those aren't mutually exclusive...? Like it says in the connection details. You have connected headphones for stereo audio AND for microphone to be used as hands-free device.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Audio

Those aren't mutually exclusive...? Like it says in the connection details. You have connected headphones for stereo audio AND for microphone to be used as hands-free device.

Yes, but the issue is that both the headset and the microphone are using hands-free, instead of the headset being in stereo mode. I've tried troubleshooting, and I can't find a way to switch to stereo.

9 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Maybe a dumb question, but is it playing back in stereo despite the labelling issue you show above? Or is it mono?

I'm not sure what mono is, but it's playing back in hands-free mode, not stereo.

6 hours ago, Levator said:

Yes, but the issue is that both the headset and the microphone are using hands-free, instead of the headset being in stereo mode. I've tried troubleshooting, and I can't find a way to switch to stereo.

I'm not sure what mono is, but it's playing back in hands-free mode, not stereo.

Mono means channels are mixed together whereas stereo would be left and right as separately. The point we are trying to ask here is that how do you know its "only" hands-free mode? If you run test and hear channels as two instead of one, then you don't have any problems. Unless you are looking to disable microphone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv