New M1 macbook air won't let me use internet recovery

So i removed my apple id from my account on my mac and now theres no users on it. it will not let me reinstall macos big sur because there are no users on it. Data does not matter. Need this up and running without an apple id as its a work computer.

Its an M1 MacBook air.

pic attached of the error it gives me

IMG_5501.jpeg

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Why would you need to reinstall, removing your apple id should have been enough?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Why would you need to reinstall, removing your apple id should have been enough?

removing my appleid killed my user account and now i cant get into mac os. boots to recovery every time. data does not matter to me.

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

What happens when you boot in recovery with Command-R? Maybe trying to create another account from there could help...

If that doesn't help I guess you'll need to create an usb installer with another mac.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

How did you remove the Apple ID? Just signing it out? That shouldn't have done anything to corrupt or remove your user account. But it sounds like the user account is damaged and since there's no detectable user account, macos isn't going to allow a reinstall since it can't reconstruct a user account it doesn't think exists.

If the data isn't necessary, I would just erase the disk in disk utility and reinstall MacOS on the blank disk.

If you need data, you can see if your files are accessible in target disk mode connected to another mac with a thunderbolt cable.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:56 PM, Flannelist said:

How did you remove the Apple ID? Just signing it out? That shouldn't have done anything to corrupt or remove your user account. But it sounds like the user account is damaged and since there's no detectable user account, macos isn't going to allow a reinstall since it can't reconstruct a user account it doesn't think exists.

If the data isn't necessary, I would just erase the disk in disk utility and reinstall MacOS on the blank disk.

If you need data, you can see if your files are accessible in target disk mode connected to another mac with a thunderbolt cable.

I'd like to note here that there's been a lot of changes to restore and reinstall procedures over the Intel Macs.

Holding Option on these won't bring up the boot picker for instance, you need to hold power instead.

Removing all partitions on the boot disk will corrupt the Mac, making it impossible to reinstall without

external media, and so on and soforth.

Erasing the Macintosh HD partition (NOT DELETING!) and then doing a reinstall should be the way to go here 🙂

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro