Special features on motherboard

So I was planning to buy a MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX but sudden came across deal breaking feature on Asus TUF series motherboards (https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-B550M-PLUS-WI-FI) called AI Noise-Cancelation (https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045366) which works like a RTX voice but without RTX Graphic card which is awesome as I am not planning to upgrade to RTX anytime soon.

Now I am wondering if there are any other special features offered by other manufactures that I will miss out.

My requirements are

1) Inbuilt Bluetooth - for PS3/ PS4 Controller

2) NVME M.2 - for future upgrade

3) Diagnostic led or code (Optional)

4) Feel free to add your good to have/ease of life features.

For a first time builder, #3 on your list is a great have...I still like the old beep codes that older mobos have, but the LED is highly useful as well....provided the codes the mobo gives, are fully listed by the mobo maker.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

For a first time builder, #3 on your list is a great have...I still like the old beep codes that older mobos have, but the LED is highly useful as well....provided the codes the mobo gives, are fully listed by the mobo maker.

Not a first time builder but not sure if the modern mobos still have buzzer headers and LED or codes are still better than counting beeps 😂

On 2/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, himanshusharmazzzz said:

Not a first time builder but not sure if the modern mobos still have buzzer headers and LED or codes are still better than counting beeps 😂

They have a speaker header but 99.99% don't come with a built in piezo speaker. Diagnostic LEDs are pretty useful for debugging, but only for debugging. You'll only get absolute budget boards without at least one M.2 NVMe slot if at all.

The ASUS TUF B550 Plus is a pretty good mainboard, the only thing missing would be an on board header for USB Type C front panel connect Key A. But there are adaptors to the more common regular USB 3.x 19 pin header.

Question is whether you need an mATX board or not. There are more options with regular ATX. If your case is mATX or if you intend to have some specific combo that works better with mATX then go for it.

The MSI B550 Mortar are also great mATX options.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

9 hours ago, bowrilla said:

They have a speaker header but 99.99% don't come with a built in piezo speaker. Diagnostic LEDs are pretty useful for debugging, but only for debugging. You'll only get absolute budget boards without at least one M.2 NVMe slot if at all.

The ASUS TUF B550 Plus is a pretty good mainboard, the only thing missing would be an on board header for USB Type C front panel connect Key A. But there are adaptors to the more common regular USB 3.x 19 pin header.

Question is whether you need an mATX board or not. There are more options with regular ATX. If your case is mATX or if you intend to have some specific combo that works better with mATX then go for it.

The MSI B550 Mortar are also great

Only reason m going TUF B550 mATX just because of lower price and AI cancellation feature.

Just confirming with you guys that is there any feature I am gonna miss by going with TUF because AI cancellation feature came to my attention by accident and there not much on youtube about it.

So there must be some special features offered by other manufacturers that m gonna miss out.

I seriously doubt the noise cancellation on the Asus board does much of anything, if it does it's almost certainly not going to be as good as RTX Voice.

Basically all of the well-known motherboard brands make hyped up BS claims about their audio features, often identical features marketed under different names because they're all using the same actual audio hardware from RealTek or whoever and then putting their own skin on the settings software.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16