Streaming specs

Bubblz_

I’m thinking of starting to stream but i don’t know if my specs are enough.

Intel core i5-9400F

1TB HDD

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GT 1030 (ik its bad but the prices rn are crazy)

Is it enough?

Depends on the games you want to stream.. simple things you may be able to do, but more demanding titles absolutely not. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Depends on the games you want to stream.. simple things you may be able to do, but more demanding titles absolutely not. 

I was mainly going to stream minecraft and maybe amoung us

Just now, Bubblz_ said:

I was mainly going to stream minecraft and maybe amoug us

Among Us shouldn't be a problem, but you will likely struggle with Minecraft as both the CPU and GPU are weaker. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Among Us shouldn't be a problem, but you will likely struggle with Minecraft as both the CPU and GPU are weaker. 

Ok and so the ram amount is ok?

Just now, Bubblz_ said:

Ok and so the ram amount is ok?

not really, but for among us it should be fine. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

not really, but for among us it should be fine. 

ok thanks! i’ll try to upgrade when/if the gpu prices drop.

Can you stream? Yeah probably. Can you stream with high settings? Most likely not, if it's the best you can do with your budget then you can at least try it, lower the settings in OBS and then some trial and error and you should be fine. At least for Minecraft and Among Us.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

I suggest you just give it a go and see what happens. You won't do your components any harm by trying. With those components I'd say that you probably can, but it won't be the best experience.

For Minecraft, don't forget you can use a modded client which is better optimised, such as OptiFine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

5 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

i think minecraft should alright too, i mean it's a game from way back in 2009 which pretty basic graphics even for it's time

depends on mods and packs used as well. Almost no one plays vanilla anymore. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

48 minutes ago, Bubblz_ said:

I’m thinking of starting to stream but i don’t know if my specs are enough.

Intel core i5-9400F

1TB HDD

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GT 1030 (ik its bad but the prices rn are crazy)

Is it enough?

yes you can stream among us all maxed (i don't remember it to have graphic settings) out without any problem

for Minecraft, yes you will be able to (if you lower the chunks..to 4-7 and still get 60fps without much error)

what encoder are you planning to use?

for both of them, even software x264 would be fine (cuz as i have seen, Minecraft only uses the cpu to max while its loading! )

+

i would rather buy a used gtx 1050ti or a rx 470 for that price or sometimes even cheaper if you can find one..

hey! i know to use a computer

I think you should be able to stream some low consumption games, like osu!, geometry dash, among us, csgo might do also. But dont expect too much, its still a pretty low end pc.

i would recommend against streaming if you have to sacrifice on gaming performance to the point that it's below ideal

but you can always give it a shot and decide if you're okay with it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Bubblz_ said:

ok thanks! i’ll try to upgrade when/if the gpu prices drop.

first thing to upgrade would be your ram

GPU wise for thoughts two games should be fine but if you have the money I would get more ram.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Upload? You are probably fine with 720p30 and using low bitrate. Which for games you are planning shouldn't matter that much. Having pixelation on Minecraft... you would be in same basket with 100 other smaller streamers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv