Upgradim RAM and cooler placement

plox321

Hello,

I have computer with B450 motherboard and hyper t4 cooler. Back when I just got it i tried to set it so that cooler is blowing backwards instead of upward but cooler stand (or whatever its called) didn't seem to fit correctly that way so I've set it so that it is blowing upwards instead. The problem appeared when I've wanted to add more ram sticks since current positioning of cooler doesn't allow me to add more than 2 of them as can be seen on the image (and I have 2 of them now, this is old pic). 

So I'm asking can i somehow modify cooler for this board so that it fits correctly? Should I just simply try to switch 

My CPU is Ryzen 1700, please don't GPU shame me lol.

PC_inside.thumb.jpg.42ac34f586e33320d3c9b16f7fe78435.jpg

Ok, so you set your cooler sideways, and in going so you covered your #1 ram slot.  Apparently hyper t4s are even bigger than hyper212s.  It would seem that putting it on in the correct manner would be the solution.  You mentioned it doesn’t fit that way though?   How exactly doesn’t it fit?  With a hyper212 and a lot of other large 4pipe single stack air coolers the fan has to sit on top of the memory, so you install the cooler with no fan, install the memory, then install the fan.  Generally it requires low profile memory.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok, so you set your cooler sideways, and in going so you covered your #1 ram slot.  Apparently hyper t4s are even bigger than hyper212s.  It would seem that putting it on in the correct manner would be the solution.  You mentioned it doesn’t fit that way though?   How exactly doesn’t it fit?  With a hyper212 and a lot of other large 4pipe single stack air coolers the fan has to sit on top of the memory, so you install the cooler with no fan, install the memory, then install the fan.  Generally it requires low profile memory.

Hello, thank you for your reply and your time.

As you can see in Image bellow. those metal things that look like "{" don't seem to fit correctly that way.

brackets.jpg.4f4038d8cc5c98d97166d68cce91c1a5.jpg

1 hour ago, plox321 said:

Hello, thank you for your reply and your time.

As you can see in Image bellow. those metal things that look like "{" don't seem to fit correctly that way.

brackets.jpg.4f4038d8cc5c98d97166d68cce91c1a5.jpg

You’re talking about attachment brackets? Different coolers have different bracket systems and they work differently on different motherboards.  I’m not familiar with the one you’re describing.  In any event, a possible work around would be to see if you can buy memory short enough to fit under the cooler anyway.  Your current system of single channel in slot #4 may cause performance issues. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read a lot of articles but in the end it seems that ram actually fits under the cooler barely hehe

20210305_140800.jpg