Anyone know of a laptop that can handle 4 external monitors?

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,
Just now, bombaglad said:

thanks for pointing me in that direction, however according to the lenovo website the T480 is no longer available.. know of something more recent?

T14 or T15 are the modern models.

But you’re looking at business laptop prices, just as a heads up.

Sometimes people question why business lines cost more than consumer lines even with lesser specs, and support for stuff like this is why.

T14/15 both intel and amd options I think can segment their main panel into independent displays, and then support 3 external monitors, up to 4K each all at once. You will need the compatible USB C dock too.

If you want more than 3 monitors + the laptop panel you’ll need an actual mobile workstation, because just about nothing else will support 4+ external displays, Thinkpad P series, Dell Precision, etc 

Hi, asking for a friend - does anyone know of a modern powerful laptop (maybe something along the lines of an xps15 or hp spectre etc.) that can reasonably handle 4 external monitors? Like, what ports/docks would one need, and is it even possible with on-board graphics? Any suggestions welcome!

Business laptops with docks are key here.

Thinkpad T480 with the MX150 dgpu option will handle 4 displays with a dock 

4 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Business laptops with docks are key here.

Thinkpad T480 with the MX150 dgpu option will handle 4 displays with a dock 

thanks for pointing me in that direction, however according to the lenovo website the T480 is no longer available.. know of something more recent?

Just now, bombaglad said:

T14 or T15 are the modern models.

But you’re looking at business laptop prices, just as a heads up.

Sometimes people question why business lines cost more than consumer lines even with lesser specs, and support for stuff like this is why.

T14/15 both intel and amd options I think can segment their main panel into independent displays, and then support 3 external monitors, up to 4K each all at once. You will need the compatible USB C dock too.

If you want more than 3 monitors + the laptop panel you’ll need an actual mobile workstation, because just about nothing else will support 4+ external displays, Thinkpad P series, Dell Precision, etc 

38 minutes ago, bombaglad said:

I will sugest Lenovo aswell,since their customer support is really good and QC is in check.Xps line have a bunch of problems,like really a lot.

Check Lenovo website for your country and find something in the price range that you like,you can always just to be sure google model name and find out how many monitors can it support.On reddit there is group called Thinkpad, they are thinkpad fan boys,and they can recommend you exact model for any type of work you do,any its really active group.I see many pictures of their setups with multiple monitor's so yea check there aswell.