Lowering ping

henry_7peed

How can I lower my Ping? Is there a software that will help me with this?

Thanks!

*** Split from another thread ***

@henry_7peed, please don't hijack others threads.

As for your question, ping represents time it takes data to get from you to server or server to you. There's no software which could improve it. The way to improve it would be to limits other software's using your internet (= downloading stuff, streaming stuff), limit other people using same network etc. Even getting faster connection might not improve if you are trying to connect to server which is thousands of miles away.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh, I see!
I apologize for interrupting the topic. Thanks for fixing my mistake.

I also wanted to know, does the connection via cat5 or cat6 matter? I have 8 Mbps Internet.

4 hours ago, henry_7peed said:

Oh, I see!
I apologize for interrupting the topic. Thanks for fixing my mistake.

I also wanted to know, does the connection via cat5 or cat6 matter? I have 8 Mbps Internet.

Cables do not matter and will not increase your internet connection but only your LAN* (Local Area Network). If you want better faster connection, you will need to change package by calling your ISP or changing ISPs.

* cat5e can do 10G but at short distances while cat6 or cat6a can go to further lengths. Cat6 can do 10G at 55 meters while cat6a can do 100 meters.

Also, please quote so we know that you have replied.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Sir Asvald said:

Cables do not matter and will not increase your internet connection but only your LAN* (Local Area Network). If you want better faster connection, you will need to change package by calling your ISP or changing ISPs.

* cat5e can do 10G but at short distances while cat6 or cat6a can go to further lengths. Cat6 can do 10G at 55 meters while cat6a can do 100 meters.

Also, please quote so we know that you have replied.

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I found a tariff plan that will suit me according to the speed "xfinity - Blast! ® Internet"

pic.png

9 minutes ago, henry_7peed said:

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I found a tariff plan that will suit me according to the speed "xfinity - Blast! ® Internet"

Tariff? seriously? why is that still a thing?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Tariff? seriously? why is that still a thing?

Does something confuse you? or is it so difficult to get human help? I have no one to discuss this with, only on the Internet. Am I to blame for you?

Just now, henry_7peed said:

Does something confuse you? or is it so difficult to get human help? I have no one to discuss this with, only on the Internet. Am I to blame for you?

Woah calm down.. I am not confused at all, just an observation regarding tariffs...

Just now, Sir Asvald said:

Woah calm down.. I am not confused at all, just an observation regarding tariffs...

Everything is fine, sorry if it seemed rude.
I really want to play and stream without freezing. But for some reason I often have a high ping, I unload all unnecessary programs whenever possible. But that doesn't save the situation.

2 minutes ago, henry_7peed said:

Everything is fine, sorry if it seemed rude.
I really want to play and stream without freezing. But for some reason I often have a high ping, I unload all unnecessary programs whenever possible. But that doesn't save the situation.

Okay. How are you connect your PC? Wi-Fi or cable?

11 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Okay. How are you connect your PC? Wi-Fi or cable?

I connect via cable. I suspect my RAM as I only have 6GB. I play Warcraft and use OBS Studio to capture video.

5 minutes ago, henry_7peed said:

I connect via cable. I suspect my RAM as I only have 6GB. I play Warcraft and use OBS Studio to capture video.

What are the system specs of your PC?

4 hours ago, henry_7peed said:

Thanks for the info.

pic.png

Be aware that unless you live in the Northeast of the US there will be data caps. So you will have to pay extra for unlimited. Also be aware that internet thru coax tends to have higher ping vs Fiber. Though ping on coax is pretty damn good these days. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, Sir Asvald said:

What are the system specs of your PC?

Intel Core i3 2130

64bit Versions Windows 10

Nvidia GT 640 

RAM - 6GB

On 2/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, henry_7peed said:

I suspect my RAM as I only have

Hows your usage when both Warcraft and OBS is running? You can check that in task manager. If you notice your utilizing a majority, then it might help to upgrade your ram. I tend to run with at least 16 Gigs now days. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

May also help to get a Quad core CPU. And Changing Your DNS may also lower ping (worked for me atleast).

🙂Midnight.GG. Do you want a prize?

@henry_7peed

You can try changing some things in the "network and sharing center", and then under the "advanced" tab. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Guys, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll implement everything gradually in order to find the reason and solve it.
I plan to finally resolve the issue with the network and updating the RAM.

Peace!✌️