Why is my cpu overclocking

Lukke

Hi guys i just built my pc today with a r5 3600 and a B550m aorus elite. When i got in to bios i only activate xmp so i could use my ful ram speed i did nothing else. It said that my cpu was rundning at normal speeds but when i open Windows it atutomatically overclocks my cpu and its super loud please help i didnt download anything

1 hour ago, Lukke said:

Windows it atutomatically overclocks my cpu and its super loud

It also sounds like you've got an aggressive fan profile running which is ramping the fans up with small changes in CPU load/temp. In the BIOS there will be fan options and you can adjust them to a more gradual profile if desired. Many motherboards will have something like a silent or quiet option you can select for the CPU and case fans.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

5 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

It also sounds like you've got an aggressive fan profile running which is ramping the fans up with small changes in CPU load/temp. In the BIOS there will be fan options and you can adjust them to a more gradual profile if desired. Many motherboards will have something like a silent or quiet option you can select for the CPU and case fans.

It still overklocks

7 hours ago, Lurick said:

It's called PBO. It allows the CPU to move to higher frequencies when temps allow it and load demands it.

But it sounds really bad so can i turn it of

8 hours ago, Lukke said:

It still overklocks

It's supposed to. As the post above mentioned it's a performance feature of Ryzen processors.

What you're hearing is the fan, not the overclocking. If it's too noisy then adjust the fan curves. Turning off PBO (which you can do) will just limit your performance unnecessarily.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15