(Sponsored) The Thing 3D Printed Case

AV Case Mods

Not sure what you think, but this black anti-vandal switch with an amber led ring light would look sick for a power switch and power led combo.聽image.thumb.png.48b271525f5afd4ec76fa6b7ea4ee10e.png

I have one small vandal switch that i am going to use馃憤

More changes to design.

Now i have powerbutton and made raiser cable cover.

[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]

More delay for the final case. My work place is closed for three weeks so i cant go there and print this.

Here is pictures of the final design:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Be safe out there.
Hope for things to get better.

with all those fittings in the middle seems like it would hinder the airflow a little, prob not enough to matter but maybe. Also what not watercool the GPU also? i looks funny with a water CPU and an air GPU. And that crazy harsh bent in the riser cable coming off the MB cant be good for it i dono if they make 180 degree riser cables or anything but i know there is 90 degree ones that would take a little stress off of it at least.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 12:43 AM, airborne spoon said:

with all those fittings in the middle seems like it would hinder the airflow a little, prob not enough to matter but maybe. Also what not watercool the GPU also? i looks funny with a water CPU and an air GPU. And that crazy harsh bent in the riser cable coming off the MB cant be good for it i dono if they make 180 degree riser cables or anything but i know there is 90 degree ones that would take a little stress off of it at least.

I only have 3x80mm rad so i dont know it is enough for both. Maybe i can test but then the fitting mess in the middle will be worse.

But now i have huge announcement
Gigabyte / Aorus is now sponsoring this build.

gigabyte1 (Medium).jpg

gigabyte2 (Medium).jpg

gigabyte3 (Medium).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now all of the white parts are printed with PETG and i love the pure white color of the filament.

I ordered orange PETG and TPU (for the legs)

[IMG]

Raiser cable cover fits nicely

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think four of these will hold the two parts together

[IMG]

I added magnet for the side grill for easy access

[IMG]

[IMG]

Other side there is now power button hole and pass through for the pump power cable.

[IMG]

Last but no least Teamgroup joined to support this build with memory and m.2 ssd 馃槉 Now i have all of the parts to start finishing this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I tested the new parts on the case and noticed one design flaw. First time i had older mb and it didnt have backplate so there was room for cables. But this new one has backplate and there is no room.
So i have to do some re design and print new ones:D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And i did power button cover:p

[IMG]

Why passthrough holes aren't lined with block inlet and outlet? Slight imperfections could look bad or look good, depends on point of view; I like it. You've designed this case from scratch - and it聽is awesome - so alingment wasn't a problem, so I'm just wondering... You've motivated me to get back to my printed case project ^^ but it's different.

BTW - Gigabyte, Aorus, Team Force and Alphacool - huge congratulations for sponsoring this build, it's VERY nice of you!

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro

The passtrough holes was designed by the reservoir and pump placement so they will be little off with the block. I might change that after i test them with the hardline.

I did solve the cable issue with 45 degree angles now the cables will route nicely behind the MB

[IMG]

I also did version 2 for the back panel. What do you think about this design?

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is couple of shots with the gpu. I dont know yet if i want to paint the silver on the gpu little bit darker to match mb or orange.

[IMG]

[IMG]

IMO looks better, but one thing doesn't suit whole back - fan color. Maybe painting everything black, like mobo shield, will make it look better? I'm talking about fan cover and gpu shield.

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I want to hide the cables for mb so i did this cover design. This will hold on by magnets.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

i suggest you paint the silver on the GPU mount to black to match the MB but then paint the PSU and your fan white to blend better with the whole design

• 2 months later...