Rog zephyrus g15 (Rtx 3070)

Earnist_

I just got the new zephyrus 15 with ryzen 9 and Rtx 3070 ( up to 100 w) when this gpu is at 100w what is the desktop equivalent, I was able to get good performance at 1440 p in Minecraft with Rtx on but just wondering about what gpu this would perform like on the desktop side 

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-new-nvidia-rtx-mobile-gpus-are-here-and-we-put-them-to-the-test

The mobile 3070 performs substantially worse than the desktop 3060 ti and will probably be beaten by the non-ti desktop 3060 as well. Maybe if they ever get around to releasing a desktop 3050 that might be pretty even?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

21 minutes ago, Middcore said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-new-nvidia-rtx-mobile-gpus-are-here-and-we-put-them-to-the-test

The mobile 3070 performs substantially worse than the desktop 3060 ti and will probably be beaten by the non-ti desktop 3060 as well. Maybe if they ever get around to releasing a desktop 3050 that might be pretty even?

Wow , and to think I paid 1900 USD for that ? I hope the performance isn’t that low

2 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

Wow , and to think I paid 1900 USD for that ? I hope the performance isn’t that low

Gaming laptops have never been good value. 🤷‍♂️ Especially if you buy a "high-end" one as opposed to one that's just more targeted at light eSports-style stuff. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

You're talking about a GPU that's power restricted and is shoved in a laptop that's maybe 1/3 the thickness at best of the desktop variant. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv