optimum airflow be quiet pure base 500

Ali90
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
2 minutes ago, Ali90 said:

Should I use the 2 140mm that came with the case and get extra one or just get 3 "better" 140mm.

What 140mm fan would you suggest.

Thanks.

The beQuiet fans are very good, no need to get better ones. Just get another Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM fan.

Hi guys, I'm looking for suggestions for optimum airflow in my build. I have be quiet pure base 500 case and nzxt kraken x53 AIO for cpu and the gpu is3090 FE air cooled. My current setup is that the AIO radiator is in front and act as intake, and I have two fans one in top and one in rear as exhaust. I didn't buy any fans yet, so the exhaust fans are the case fans. is this setup ok or can I make it better with or without additional fans.

I'd go with this:

1x 140mm as back eshaust

2x 120mm + radiator as top exhaust

2x 140mm as front intake

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

24 minutes ago, camieabz said:

I prefer the AIO as exhaust. Cool air in, and not warm air.

I read this suggestion multiple times, I will go with it. Thanks

10 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd go with this:

1x 140mm as back eshaust

2x 120mm + radiator as top exhaust

2x 140mm as front intake

Should I use the 2 140mm that came with the case and get extra one or just get 3 "better" 140mm.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Ali90 said:

Thanks.

The beQuiet fans are very good, no need to get better ones. Just get another Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM fan.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ali90 said:

Hi guys, I'm looking for suggestions for optimum airflow in my build. I have be quiet pure base 500 case and nzxt kraken x53 AIO for cpu and the gpu is3090 FE air cooled. My current setup is that the AIO radiator is in front and act as intake, and I have two fans one in top and one in rear as exhaust. I didn't buy any fans yet, so the exhaust fans are the case fans. is this setup ok or can I make it better with or without additional fans.

tl;dr

Both intake or exhaust work, the differences are not huge. The best orientation depends on the specific system and the components in it.

Longer explanation:

AiO as intake makes heat transfer from AiO to air more efficient (due to larger heat gradient) but it also keeps warmer air inside the case. That might increase the internal temps by a few K and it will increase component temps of all air cooled components. So the GPU might run a bit hotter. We're talking about a handful of K.

However, the amount of heat inside of the case will be comparable to an all air cooled system. Exhaust fans become more important in this scenario and so does good airflow. If the AiO is set as exhaust then the case temps will be a bit lower resulting in slightly lower GPU temps (and everything else that is directly air cooled) but due to the fact that the air inside the case is hotter than ambient air, the heat gradient between the water in your AiO and the air going through it (now the internal air volume of the case) shrinks which will result in slightly higher water temps and therefore higher CPU temps.

Cooling means moving around heat energy and the larger the difference between two energy states is the more efficient and therefore quickly the transfer happens.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

12 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

tl;dr

Both intake or exhaust work, the differences are not huge. The best orientation depends on the specific system and the components in it.

Longer explanation:

AiO as intake makes heat transfer from AiO to air more efficient (due to larger heat gradient) but it also keeps warmer air inside the case. That might increase the internal temps by a few K and it will increase component temps of all air cooled components. So the GPU might run a bit hotter. We're talking about a handful of K.

However, the amount of heat inside of the case will be comparable to an all air cooled system. Exhaust fans become more important in this scenario and so does good airflow. If the AiO is set as exhaust then the case temps will be a bit lower resulting in slightly lower GPU temps (and everything else that is directly air cooled) but due to the fact that the air inside the case is hotter than ambient air, the heat gradient between the water in your AiO and the air going through it (now the internal air volume of the case) shrinks which will result in slightly higher water temps and therefore higher CPU temps.

Cooling means moving around heat energy and the larger the difference between two energy states is the more efficient and therefore quickly the transfer happens.

Thanks for the information. 
I think based on this info and the fact that I will be stressing the GPU much more "I think", the previous suggestion to use the AIO rad as exhaust is better than what I did.