a Mini Review for the Apple iPhone 12 Mini

handymanshandle

So I'll try and keep this review brief, and widdle it down to some key points about the iPhone 12 Mini that I've been using for the last week after I traded my iPhone XR (128GB, Black) in for.

My model is the 128GB model in Blue.
For some visual reference I can put a Marketing Image from Apple of the 12 and 12 mini
iphone-12-family-select-2020?wid=940&hei=1112&fmt=jpeg&qlt=80&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1604343709000

What I like:

• The Camera
    • It has a better dynamic range in lower lighting than the XR did In the spoilers I will exemplify these differences
      • In the spoilers I will exemplify these differences
Spoiler

iPhone XR

Spoiler

bod94c.png

iPhone 12 Mini

Spoiler

chdqox.png

•   The Nostalgic Feeling as it's a smaller device and a more iPhone 4/4S/5/5S like shape [not rounded sides] (which I'll get into later in the What I don't like about it)
  • The Color of the Device, I have to say I absolutely love the way the Blue Looks on this phone. the green on the 11 Pro's and the blue on the 12 Pros are also very very nice, but the 12's blue is also a very nice color.
  • The Display is typical for an iPhone
  • 5G is very fast when I get it, because I'm in one of the first markets to get 5G in the US.

What I don't like:

• the smaller size of the 12 mini was listed as a pro but it's also a con, typing on it is still weird for me. But it's getting better slowly. And some content reacts weirdly to say the least with the notch and the smaller screen, some apps notably discord are not well optimized for a smaller display so longer names get cut off.
  • the battery life is kinda mediocre all things considered, like it's fine. But I think the XR bested it by a fair bit

Overall, I'm really liking this phone. Would I recommend you follow in my footsteps and get the 12 mini? Well perhaps. Depends on what you're after, frankly I did like the size of my XR more. So in that regard, the iPhone 12 would've been better but that's ignoring one major thing that I think makes it worthwhile. The nostalgia factor. I really dig it. So that's up to you if you want that nostalgia factor or if you want something more practical.
Cheers!

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

i just got my 12 mini about a month ago. love love the phone. size was actually a pro for me, as i would rather use my tablet as a tablet lol. the battery life is amazing for me, but i'm coming from an iphone 7, which had atrocious battery life imo. nice review.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

i just got my 12 mini about a month ago. love love the phone. size was actually a pro for me, as i would rather use my tablet as a tablet lol. the battery life is amazing for me, but i'm coming from an iphone 7, which had atrocious battery life imo. nice review.

oh yeah, a far newer battery will go a long way which isn't to say the battery life is terrible in the 12 mini. It's just comparing it to the XR, yeah it's a bit worse but it's still very tolerable all things considered.

I imagine for people with less pudgy fingers and smaller hands (which mine aren't large but they're not really small either) I've got to imagine the 12 mini is a godsend.

and that's very understandable about wanting to use a tablet as a tablet.

Cool little write up ! I'm currently working on my own review of my iPhone 12 mini, Apple Watch SE and iPad 8. Yeah I also don't like the small Battery life but so far have always made it till the end of the day with like 8 to 10% left. Because of the ongoing Pandemic I wasn't able to travel with it to a City for a day trip yet but that'll be the real Battery and Camera Benchmark. Took lots of pictures with it on my current Ski Holidays here in the Swiss Alps tho which do really look great. Haven't yet been able to try out 5G, just super fast 4G.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

13 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

Cool little write up ! I'm currently working on my own review of my iPhone 12 mini, Apple Watch SE and iPad 8. Yeah I also don't like the small Battery life but so far have always made it till the end of the day with like 8 to 10% left. Because of the ongoing Pandemic I wasn't able to travel with it to a City for a day trip yet but that'll be the real Battery and Camera Benchmark. Took lots of pictures with it on my current Ski Holidays here in the Swiss Alps tho which do really look great. Haven't yet been able to try out 5G, just super fast 4G.

awesome! I look forward to your reviews!