just wondering how long ill be able to run games on high settings 60fps+

Truegamer1000

Its hard to say for sure because there are games out there that the 780 cant run on high settings @ 60fps also it depends on the resolution. My GTX 460 can run all games on full settings 60fps if I play on 800x600.

Forever if you play the same games :)

But really, it depends on what technologies catch up, what engines are used for games, how well integrated for your cards they are, etc.

But I'd give you at the very least another year or so. That card is in the top 5 consumer cards available right now. Unless next gen of graphic cards are 50 times more powerful, I don't see it going obsolete overnight.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Minimum 1 year thats the worst possible case scenario.MOst likely 2 years or more if you are willing to cut down to high/medium settings. All depends what games you run though. If you expect to run a new elder scrolls game with Mods then it'll be obsolete as soon as that comes out .

Just wondering how long I'll be able to run games on high setting 60 fps+ with my build. And also any feedback on my build? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cucuproductions/saved/47ET

It depends on how much you are willing to compromise.  You are setting yourself up for a let down if you expect to run on Ultra-High settings for more than 2 years, MAX.  This is a very, very good video card though and you will comfortably be able to play new games for the next 4+ years if you are willing to go medium settings.  I have the same video card, and am planning to get a good 4+ years out of it.

You can always add another GPU to your rig in a few years that will help you to run games at the desired Ultra-High settings.  Just has to be another 780.  You will also need a stronger PSU in order to SLI.  I would hold off on buying a bigger PSU right now though, because if SLI isnt something you are positive you are going to do, what you have currently is fine.  Also, if you do want to SLI in a few years, best to buy a brand new PSU then not go with a strong one today. A PSU has a lifespan of around 3-4 years, and if I was going to SLI in say 2+ years, I would want a brand new PSU to power everything.

As far as your build goes, it is good, only thing I would consider changing is getting a 2TB hard drive, its only about $20 more for double the capacity.  You could also save a few shekels by going with a 120GB SSD, that will be plenty to organize your C:/ drive with, along with 1 or 2 heavily played games.

You could also get a slightly less expensive motherboard, I have an Asus Z87-A and absolutely love it.  It will provide the same performance as the mobo you selected and for $20 less.

I have an i5-4670k, Asus Z87-A, CM Hyper 212 EVO and was able to get a 4.7Ghz OC, if that is something you are interested in doing, judging by your build, looks like you want to OC.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Until Star Citizen and The Division comes out. Hah.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.