Corsair RAM reporting 2133 MHz, wont boot when clocked to normal speed

luxvxn

So I have just changed out the motherboard on my system, I have changed it to the ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II | Motherboards | ASUS USA

And when I enter the bios, the Memory Frequency is set to Auto. I booted into Windows and the RAM was reporting as 2133 MHz. I went into the bios and set the frequency to 3200 MHz, and then the system will not POST.

I have flashed a new BIOS version, and the problem still occurs.

I have two sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200 MHz VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black (corsair.com)

TD;DR: My memory is not being read correctly by my motherboard.

l.PNG

l.PNG

Don't set the speed manually. Activate your XMP or DOCP profile for you RAM in the bios.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

1 hour ago, luxvxn said:

TD;DR: My memory is not being read correctly by my motherboard.

It means that the motherboard cannot train the memory at that frequency hence the no post. Try enabling DOCP and see what happens. 3200MHz is not that high of a frequency thus most motherboards and CPU controllers should be able to run it just fine. That being said, you are running two 16GB so a b450 board might be struggling. Generally speaking the higher the memory density the lower the chance of achieving the frequency advertised on the box. 

I have two sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200 MHz VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black (corsair.com)

Have you checked whether this memory is validated as working on that board?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

What cpu? Ryzen 2 natively suppors up to 2993mhz. Try that. Above that is considered overclocking.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w