Overpaid on a pre-build PC yesterday, wanted to see what ya'll think

Dovaogedy

If times were normall I would say you paid $700 to much but given the current shortages and price hikes, you did ok if you couldnt wait till next yeat

37 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Then there's a lot of pent-up demand and virtually no supply, you get to pay more. Don't be a dick about it with your, "Don't pay the scalpers" bull.

36 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It's a killer PC, no doubt about that. And dude, if you're happy with what you ended up with and ok with the price you paid, f*ck everyone else.

Yes, the consumer ultimately decides what a product is worth, when to buy, and if they're happy with it.
That doesn't change the fact that that pc is grossly overpriced from an analytical standpoint. 
That still doesn't change the fact that the RTX 3070 is a product that launched at, MSRP'd for, and STILL MSRP's for $500 USD.
As for the "Don't be a dick about it with your, "Don't pay the scalpers" bull." I'd like to know which part. Individuals artificially inflated the component price, which then prompted large companies to do the same. Nearly all of these cards are being purchased, marked up, and then are being sold to the end consumer. Yes, markets of scale apply, except we have scalpers, which are making things worse. Don't pretend for a minute that companies, or scalpers- the primary people who currently have stock of these cards, purchased these cards for what we're purchasing them at. This is a market of scale that's heavily stacked against the consumer. 
Any way you slice it, this isn't just about paying more because of the demand. We're far, far past that. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Update: after 4 days of sweating it out, best buy finally shipped my PC and its still set to be here Thursday

On 2/16/2021 at 11:27 AM, Dovaogedy said:

Update: after 4 days of sweating it out, best buy finally shipped my PC and its still set to be here Thursday

PC came in today, everything as expected. Easy set up, they had some Corsair apps pre-installed but nothing else

I got a Gigabyte Eagle OC GPU, no idea how good that cooler is but seems to be doing okay

Really liking this PC and glad i got it.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Dovaogedy said:

i would have like a white build instead of black but the black looks sleek as well

I had a white build. It's ok but not all white LEDs are the same white. A black build with RGB is actually better especially if you can get silver parts. The silver parts + LED strip with diffuser > white build. Except you don't get to call the build White Power.