Laptops touchscreen doesn't work after windows reinstall

Meowster

Asking for a friend: I have a GeoFlex laptop and I had to reinstall Windows due to a virus. The touch was working perfectly fine until the reinstall. Now, it wont detect the touches on the screen and sometimes has ghost touches ( random inputs without touching the screen ). This is what I see in device manage- please see attatched picture. Everything seems to be working fine. Maybe I just need a better driver? Please can someone help me?

Thank you 

Problem.PNG

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

4 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Yup, go to the OEM site and download the driver from there.

The trouble is, that there is no downloads section or support section. Just a customer support section, I've contacted them but in the meantime, I thought I'd try and fix it myself

1 minute ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Hmm, open the Device Manager, look for touch input, open the device and get the hardware id. After that you can look for the touchscreen manufacturer, which probably is Synaptics.

The only thing I see is the GoodixTouchDriver which says GDIX1001. When I look at the actual HID compliant touch screen, it also says GDIX1001

4 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Hmm, ok. Searched for them, but they also doesn't seem to provide drivers. I'd say to way for the manufacturer to respond.

If you're feeling adventurous, try iobit driver booster. It's available on Steam, which makes me think it is somewhat safe. 

3rd-party driver installers are usually bad (it probably is the easiest way to install persistent malicious software), so not really recommended. 

I guess I'll try your solution. I will keep waiting for the manufacturers reply

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, Meowster said:

Was this issue fixed? Email Geo no reply. I have the same problem, touch screen not working and randomly registers touch inputs. Hopefully someone can help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, Meowster said:

I got a reply from the manufacturer, they asked for my serial number then sent me a driver installation package. However, this was not helpful as it did not include the touch screen driver. Tried multiple factory resets and clean windows installs, then ran their driver package. It installed almost all of the drivers except for the touchscreen; It just left it as an unknown device. Tried to update it from windows updates, still it installed the goodix driver that does not work. Fully updated windows to the latest version with the goodix driver, still the same. Had multiple emails back and forth with the manufacturer, they then concluded it was a hardware issue; but I don’t think it is. Laptop was working fine until i tried to switch to chromeOS reflex, but had to revert back to windows as chrome did not have drivers for the wifi and the touch screen. After reformatting laptop and reinstalling windows, thats when the issue with the touch screen arise. We’re you able to solve this issue with your laptop?