Where to start following competitive gaming?

pcracer
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

There is easy answer to this. Pick a game, open Twitch.tv and find that game. Usually there's either pro gamers stream or tournament stream running. Weekends are best time since thats when most tournaments are run. Then there are game specific news sites where you find articles about players and tournaments. But first I need to know what game. For multiple games best place is Esport Heaven.

I've always wnted to be a part of the competitive gaming community, but I never got to because I didn't know where to start. Do you guys have any reccomendations on what tournaments/livestreams/sites to follow. I'm mainly interested in FPS but I'm open to try new genres.

CSGO or dota 2

And what tournaments should I follow?

Just realized, I posted in the wrong thread, sorry.

@pcracer

not sure who you would be best to follow. But, you should check out the free to play film/documentary steam released recently.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245550/

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

There is easy answer to this. Pick a game, open Twitch.tv and find that game. Usually there's either pro gamers stream or tournament stream running. Weekends are best time since thats when most tournaments are run. Then there are game specific news sites where you find articles about players and tournaments. But first I need to know what game. For multiple games best place is Esport Heaven.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv