Microsoft Teams Integration

MarcoJEls

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to pull data and certain functionalities from Microsoft Teams and integrate it into my own custom program? Has anyone managed to do such a thing? Something like the "chat" functionality, to pull it live from Teams and integrate into my own Task Manager.

I'm quite curious to see what you guys think.

Many Thanks

Spoiler

MSI X299 Tomahawk AC, Intel core i5 7640X, MSI R9 280X, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200, RaidMax Cobra 1000W, Adata 240GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2xSeagate 1TB HDD, 1xSeagate 2TB HDD

You can't integrate Teams as part of your software. The closest thing you can do is integrate your app as part of teams. You can either run specific script command or make a complete app that you can add to your channels application. You are still limited to whatever your paying for so your app as it still count toward your limit that can be enabled per channel.

If integrating teams into anything was possible that would make Microsoft lose a bunch of money since people won't need to pay for the application or storage features.

If you just want to integrate a chat it's really easy. A basic TCP chat client is at most 15 lines of code for each Client and Server so 30 total. With some third party libraries it can be less than that.

You can have a look at their API:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/teams-api-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

Anything that isn't on there isn't publicly available, so you'd have to reverse engineer it and work around any restrictions they have in place to prevent this. If they notice you doing this, there's a good chance they'll terminate your (company's?) account.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Thanks guys 🤙

Spoiler

MSI X299 Tomahawk AC, Intel core i5 7640X, MSI R9 280X, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200, RaidMax Cobra 1000W, Adata 240GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2xSeagate 1TB HDD, 1xSeagate 2TB HDD