SSUPD Meshlicious

Senzelian

Summary

SSUPD the makers of ... uh... nothing? ,which is a collaboration of FormD and LianLi, released a new and quite interesting small form factor case for pre-order.

With only 14.6 liters in size it's one of the smallest ITX cases, but is still quite a bit larger than the Louqe Ghost S1 and the DanCase.

The differentiating factor between these cases and the Meshlicious is, as the name suggests, that it offers all sidepanels to be made out of mesh. 

oe759_A_Black.284_1800x1800.png?v=1608900912

Quotes

"Zusätzlich lassen sich zwei bis zu 140 Millimeter breite Lüfter hinter die Front setzen. Hier ist außerdem Platz für einen 280-mm-Radiator, der aufgrund des Layouts auch beim Einsatz langer Grafikkarten genutzt werden kann."

Rough translation: "It offers up to two 140mm fan mounts in the front of the case. Additionally you can mount a 280mm radiator, even if a long graphics card is in place."

Das SSUPD Meshlicious kann derzeit nur über den US-amerikanischen Händler Newegg vorbestellt werden. Aufgerufen werden 120 US-Dollar für das Basismodell, eine Version mit PCIe-4.0-Riserkabel kostet 180 US-Dollar.

Rough translation: "The case can currently only be pre-ordered on Newegg for $119 for the base-model. A version with a PCI-e 4.0 riser cable can be had for $180."

My thoughts

I like!

Something that bothered me about my Ghost S1, is that the mesh barely leaves room for the components to breath.

One concern is noise tho.

Sources

https://www.computerbase.de/2021-02/ssupd-meshlicious/ (In German)

https://ssupd.com/products/meshlicious

(Note: I wrote this article quite quickly at work. Hopefully this is fine. I was simply quite excited about this one, so I had to share it quickly!)

mesh mesh mesh everywhere

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Stick in a passive PSU, massive CPU cooler without any fans and a passive cooled graphic card. 0 dB system that would actually cool itself very nicely.

I can also see this working in entirely different direction. Passive PSU and only fans in the system being on CPU cooler and on graphic card. Zero case fans. It's actually not a stupid idea. Quality fans for case will set you back 20€ a piece. That's 120€ in fans alone on a well ventilated case (3x front, 2x top and 1x rear). That's not an insignificant saving. And at $120 for basic one without PCIe riser, it's pretty normal costing case like almost any other.

I have no idea what would be a dust buildup on this case though. It's so different I can't even project it in my head. I'm guessing it would only build up on flat surfaces and CPU and GPU heatsinks. But I really have no clue as I never even thought of such scenario.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I have no idea what would be a dust buildup on this case though. It's so different I can't even project it in my head. I'm guessing it would only build up on flat surfaces and CPU and GPU heatsinks. But I really have no clue as I never even thought of such scenario.

but it might be easy to clean

46 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

With only 14.6 liters in size it's one of the smallest cases, similar to the Ghost Louqe S1 and the DanCase.

the Ghost S1 has 8.2 L ( without Radiator ) and the Dan case 7.2L ( according to the manufactures )

so  it's definetly bigger but  the SSUPD Meshlicious has enought space for additional fans and a 280mm radiator and big GPUs.

so still relatively compact

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 hour ago, Drama Lama said:

the Ghost S1 has 8.2 L ( without Radiator ) and the Dan case 7.2L ( according to the manufactures )

so  it's definetly bigger but  the SSUPD Meshlicious has enought space for additional fans and a 280mm radiator and big GPUs.

so still relatively compact

Yeah I guess that's right. The S1 can be larger with the tophats tho.

I'll edit my original post.

Formal Review:

To note: this case has been in development since August, and review samples have bene around since December. SSUPD is a collaboration between Lain Li and FormD (who made the Sidearm T1)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/meshlicious-14-5l-vertical-280aio-mainstream-case.14608/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Meshify Box

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, seee the state im in nooow said:

hey're a new design company collaboration. if you've heard of the FormD T1 case and Lian Li, you're looking at their newest release under another banner

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

SSUPD is a collaboration between Lain Li and FormD

Thanks guys. I edited my post!

Here's another sources if you're interested from a day ago

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/lian-li-spinoff-ssupds-meshlicious-itx-case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

almost as if its meshlicious

✨FNIGE✨

1 minute ago, SlimyPython said:

meshlicious

That's be a good name for a case. Write that down!

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

That's be a good name for a case. Write that down!

Ok i wrote it down. what should it look like?

✨FNIGE✨

7 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

Ok i wrote it down. what should it look like?

like this

20 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler