Graphics card recommendations for Foxconn 2AB1 motherboard

Edd0

I was given a old PC by my parents that we used years ago. I'm figuring out what are the options for graphics cards that I can upgrade to. I looked at the specifications for the motherboard and it says it uses "PCIe v2.x", and when i searched up the difference compared to PCIe 3.0, it looks like they will run. Would it work? What connections do I need to look for for the card to run?

Side note: If it would work, I'm thinking about getting an RX 570. Is it a good choice?

6 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Full specs of the PC?

i dont know, i can give you the CPU which is AMD Phenom II X4 840T, and i know that the power supply can definitely handle most graphics cards that i plan to throw at it for now

Just now, Edd0 said:

i dont know, i can give you the CPU which is AMD Phenom II X4 840T, and i know that the power supply can definitely handle most graphics cards that i plan to throw at it for now

Is there any particular reason you want to upgrade this?
Phenom sucked.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Is there any particular reason you want to upgrade this?
Phenom sucked.

because i want my games to look better, struggling with a gt610 rn

Just now, Edd0 said:

because i want my games to look better, struggling with a gt610 rn

The used GPU market is screwed up, with inflated prices, etc.

I'd instead put your money towards a better system (a 1600 AF might be good for a lower-budget system) and then get a graphics card later.

elephants

A GTX 750 ti is a good graphics card for 1080p gaming on a tight budget, I also don't recommend anything better for an old CPU like that. Hopefully you can find one around $40

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

A GTX 750 ti is a good graphics card for 1080p gaming on a tight budget, I also don't recommend anything better for an old CPU like that. Hopefully you can find one around $40

how much average fps?

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

The used GPU market is screwed up, with inflated prices, etc.

I'd instead put your money towards a better system (a 1600 AF might be good for a lower-budget system) and then get a graphics card later.

is that cpu or motherboard you recommend upgrading?

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

What's your budget?

probably 100 each, if thats too low which it probably is then 200

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Total?

total, i'd say around 500-700 when its done, im going piece by piece

Just now, Edd0 said:

Alright.

Can you take a picture of the inside of the case?

elephants

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Alright.

Can you take a picture of the inside of the case?

not right not sorry

17 minutes ago, Edd0 said:

I wouldn't dump that kind of money into the current system, the CPU is too old and not worth it.

But a step by step upgrade with the goal of a new machine when it's all said and done, that's another story.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I wouldn't dump that kind of money into the current system, the CPU is too old and not worth it.

But a step by step upgrade with the goal of a new machine when it's all said and done, that's another story.

yeah thats what im thinking. im gonna keep upgrading to the point where when im done its just a new system

2 minutes ago, Edd0 said:

yeah thats what im thinking. im gonna keep upgrading to the point where when im done its just a new system

Ok your biggest challenge is as follows (well, one of many)

(1) GPU princes are all out of whack right now, thanks to many factors, not least of which is miners, scalpers, and memory production issues. So having said that, practically any new GPU is either Out of Stock, or horrendously overpriced. 

(2) Even a recently used GPU  may need a 6 or 8 pin power connector (it seems the RX 580s come in differing flavours that may, or may not, need external power)

so

(3) Before you add a GPU, you'll need to know if your PSU (Power Supply Unit) is up to the task.

and

(4) given the extremely modest CPU, which is outclassed by practically everything, your GPU will be sitting idle most of the time, while the CPU struggles to provide data to the GPU to render, resulting in less than stellar frame rates in games.

So, back to square one, we need full system specs, or if it's a pre-built, the system model/name at the very least.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

(1) GPU princes are all out of whack right now, thanks to many factors, not least of which is miners, scalpers, and memory production issues. So having said that, practically any new GPU is either Out of Stock, or horrendously overpriced. 

(2) Even a recently used GPU  may need a 6 or 8 pin power connector (it seems the RX 580s come in differing flavours that may, or may not, need external power)

so

(3) Before you add a GPU, you'll need to know if your PSU (Power Supply Unit) is up to the task.

and

(4) given the extremely modest CPU, which is outclassed by practically everything, your GPU will be sitting idle most of the time, while the CPU struggles to provide data to the GPU to render, resulting in less than stellar frame rates in games.

So, back to square one, we need full system specs, or if it's a pre-built, the system model/name at the very least.

i can give you the model name in a bit, but the power supply and graphics card are upgraded

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

so

and

hp pavilion p6000

57 minutes ago, Edd0 said:

how much average fps?

across every game ever created? no idea. but it delivers solid 60 in overwatch, halo, GTA, and many other titles (though with your older CPU that may not be the case)

you wouldn't see much better performance with a more powerful GPU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

across every game ever created? no idea. but it delivers solid 60 in overwatch, halo, GTA, and many other titles (though with your older CPU that may not be the case)

you wouldn't see much better performance with a more powerful GPU

60 fps sounds good, so what im hearing is CPU definitely needs an upgrade, is the motherboard fine?

8 minutes ago, Edd0 said:

hp pavilion p6000

Thanks.

The mobo looks to use standard power supply connections, you say the PSU has been upgraded...to what?

The mobo looks like this?

513430-002-DS2-2T.jpg

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thanks.

The mobo looks to use standard power supply connections, you say the PSU has been upgraded...to what?

The mobo looks like this?

513430-002-DS2-2T.jpg

looks like the one. PSU i would ASSUME is 450w-500w+, i'd have to check tomorrow if i want to see exactly what it is

57 minutes ago, Edd0 said:

60 fps sounds good, so what im hearing is CPU definitely needs an upgrade, is the motherboard fine?

unfortunately the motherboard does not support a decent CPU upgrade, as any significant generational improvement would require a new socket as well. The CPUs of this generation would not be able to provide anything worth your spending.

A cheap GPU now, or just waiting until you can afford a better system, is the best move.

Primary PC: