Fan setup help needed

zayah

I currently have 10 fans in my case, 6 push/pull on front mounted aio(sorry for not capturing all of them in video), 3 at top and 1 at the rear all exhaust. Looking to make improvements for best optimal temps and air flow. Im getting mixed answers people telling me to flip top and rear fans or flip all radiator fans. Which one should i do, and why one over the other.

LINK TO VIDEO OF CURRENT FAN SETUP

15 minutes ago, zayah said:

I currently have 10 fans in my case, 6 push/pull on front mounted aio(sorry for not capturing all of them in video), 3 at top and 1 at the rear all exhaust. Looking to make improvements for best optimal temps and air flow. Im getting mixed answers people telling me to flip top and rear fans or flip all radiator fans. Which one should i do, and why one over the other.

LINK TO VIDEO OF CURRENT FAN SETUP

what the specs case mb so on

well the aio on top sucks in hot air and out the top so that aio will be warmer vs the front were it intakes cool air in the case. thow the air coming in from the front aio will heat up everything els. also depending on case how good the air flow is like dos it use a dust filter and whats the mesh look like.

the air from the top aio might suck it all up so leave not mush for vrm so might switch the back fan as intake thow it wont have a dust filter if your using them

if you can mount fans on the bottom  then i would do intake bottom and back and out the front and top

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what the specs case mb so on

well the aio on top sucks in hot air and out the top so that aio will be warmer vs the front were it intakes cool air in the case. thow the air coming in from the front aio will heat up everything els. also depending on case how good the air flow is like dos it use a dust filter and whats the mesh look like.

the air from the top aio might suck it all up so leave not mush for vrm so might switch the back fan as intake thow it wont have a dust filter if your using them

if you can mount fans on the bottom  then i would do intake bottom and back and out the front and top

case p600s running it w the top and front vents open since this case has the option. cpu i9-9900k aio asus rog strix lc 360 aio front mounted cause pushpull didnt fit top. mobo z390f gpu rtx 2080s. 

10 hours ago, zayah said:

case p600s running it w the top and front vents open since this case has the option. cpu i9-9900k aio asus rog strix lc 360 aio front mounted cause pushpull didnt fit top. mobo z390f gpu rtx 2080s. 

the problem i see if that case dose have much cooling for the gpu and the front aio will heat the air up. maybe mounting the aio up top would help with 1 set of fans.(or if you want to mount the other fans on top out side the case)

maybe adding a fan to the pci slots or removing the covers could help.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the problem i see if that case dose have much cooling for the gpu and the front aio will heat the air up. maybe mounting the aio up top would help with 1 set of fans.(or if you want to mount the other fans on top out side the case)

maybe adding a fan to the pci slots or removing the covers could help.

gpu temps are rly good, havent had any problem with it 65C max. but im wondering w my current setup, if i should flip all radiator fans orjust top and rear. and whats rhe difference if id flip radiator fans or just the top and rear fans

25 minutes ago, zayah said:

gpu temps are rly good, havent had any problem with it 65C max. but im wondering w my current setup, if i should flip all radiator fans orjust top and rear. and whats rhe difference if id flip radiator fans or just the top and rear fans

what makes you think you should be lower then 65? at that temp there are no problems...

it gose like push pull>pull >push maybe a degree difference that is if your using pusher fans.

14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what makes you think you should be lower then 65? at that temp there are no problems...

it gose like push pull>pull >push maybe a degree difference that is if your using pusher fans.

i dont think my gpu temps are bd i never said they should be lower than that, my cpu is 65c to 70 in cinebench so i dont think thats bad either just asking for what would be the most optimal setup w my case fans to set them up

People have a lot of opinions about fan setups.  Most of them don't amount to anything.

I would say you've got more fans than you need, by far.  But that's up to you.  If your temps are behaving well, and they seem to be based on your comments, your setup is fine.

Only thing I'd mention:  Your Radiator is upside down.  You want the tubes at the bottom.

26 minutes ago, tkitch said:

People have a lot of opinions about fan setups.  Most of them don't amount to anything.

Correct, but

25 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Only thing I'd mention:  Your Radiator is upside down.  You want the tubes at the bottom.

Stop this. The orientation is fine. Most cases cant even fit the radiator with the tubes at the bottom, especially if it's a 360mm radiator. 

As long as the radiator is in some way above the level of the Cold Plate/Pump combo, it's fine. Maybe a bit nosier, but it wont die, it wont degrade the life of the AIO, and it's not "wrong". 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, tkitch said:

I would say you've got more fans than you need, by far.  But that's up to you.  If your temps are behaving well, and they seem to be based on your comments, your setup is fine.

Thank you so much for your reply, but ive seen videos and heard that its okay to have it like this maybe not most optimal but should be okay might get noisier in time w air bubbles being trapped but thats it, i might flip it someday.

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Correct, but

Stop this. The orientation is fine. Most cases cant even fit the radiator with the tubes at the bottom, especially if it's a 360mm radiator. 

As long as the radiator is in some way above the level of the Cold Plate/Pump combo, it's fine. Maybe a bit nosier, but it wont die, it wont degrade the life of the AIO, and it's not "wrong". 

thank you for reply! yeah im surprised havent gotten more of these radiator comments, but i might flip it someday but rn just wanna figureout which way to flip which fans.

51 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Isn't it unnecessary to have that many fans?

I mean, 10...10 fans???

Seems excessive.

push pull is better then posh or pull thow...not buy much but it is there. is it worth the cost of 3 extra fans on the other hand no.

if you max out your rad space and cant go thicker or bigger then more fans would help or mayby you like the look of fans in the front and insted the case as well who nos

14 hours ago, zayah said:

thank you for reply! yeah im surprised havent gotten more of these radiator comments, but i might flip it someday but rn just wanna figureout which way to flip which fans.

We've been slowly combatting the misinformation and incorrect conclusion people have been assuming to borderline bully people. 

Also, I believe your interior RAD fans are facing the wrong way. These are currently trying to blow air out the front of your case, when they should be trying to draw air in. 

image.png.fd0309fdfca35517670fcfb445c9119f.png

The result is that fans on the other side of the rad are going t be fighting these fans. I would definitely flip these fans around so they're intaking air. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

We've been slowly combatting the misinformation and incorrect conclusion people have been assuming to borderline bully people. 

Also, I believe your interior RAD fans are facing the wrong way. These are currently trying to blow air out the front of your case, when they should be trying to draw air in. 

image.png.fd0309fdfca35517670fcfb445c9119f.png

The result is that fans on the other side of the rad are going t be fighting these fans. I would definitely flip these fans around so they're intaking air. 

the fans inside and outside the rad are both facing the same way! but are suggesting i should flip them tho?

18 minutes ago, zayah said:

the fans inside and outside the rad are both facing the same way! but are suggesting i should flip them tho?

Correct. Currently I believe they're trying to draw air from inside the case and exhaust it, when it should be intake. The rest of your fans are also exhaust which basically means air has to come in from small racks in the cases frame and edges, which is generally not good for dust buildup since it cant be filtered.  

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Correct. Currently I believe they're trying to draw air from inside the case and exhaust it, when it should be intake. The rest of your fans are also exhaust which basically means air has to come in from small racks in the cases frame and edges, which is generally not good for dust buildup since it cant be filtered.  

Thank you so much for all the help i feel like ive been asking same question just different way because ive been unsure if its what i had to do haha but u were rly patient w me and helped me eaach time , i appreciate it alot. do you think not having a proper filter on front will cause alot of dust in the rad if i flip them or will it get dustier now how the fans are currently? cause to fit the other set of fans at front i needed to take the filter off. just have this mesh there now

frotn.jpg

8 minutes ago, zayah said:

Thank you so much for all the help i feel like ive been asking same question just different way because ive been unsure if its what i had to do haha but u were rly patient w me and helped me eaach time , i appreciate it alot. do you think not having a proper filter on front will cause alot of dust in the rad if i flip them or will it get dustier now how the fans are currently? cause to fit the other set of fans at front i needed to take the filter off. just have this mesh there now

Yes you will need to remove the front panel / mesh in order to move the fans. 

8 hours ago, zayah said:

frotn.jpg

this is what he means...

open-grille.png

On 2/5/2021 at 8:16 PM, TVwazhere said:

Yes you will need to remove the front panel / mesh in order to move the fans. 

i meant do u think flipping the fans ill have more dust build up, sincei dont have a proper filter other than this cloth mesh on the front.and which way do u think will minimize dustbuild up in the rad and lower temps, grille side facing front like i have now or flipping them open side on front like u suggested 🙂 was just thinking wont they take air from inside the case then and pass it thru the rad wouldnt it get hotter?

4 hours ago, zayah said:

i meant do u think flipping the fans ill have more dust build up, sincei dont have a proper filter other than this cloth mesh on the front.and which way do u think will minimize dustbuild up in the rad and lower temps, grille side facing front like i have now or flipping them open side on front like u suggested 🙂 was just thinking wont they take air from inside the case then and pass it thru the rad wouldnt it get hotter?

thats what you have been doing taking air in side and out the front... the air will get sucked in from un filter crakes.

positive pressure is best for dust as it keeps the air going out the case instead of being sucked in. positive pressure is were more air going in to the case then out. so like 3 120mm fans in and 2 120mm fans out

thats what you have been doing taking air in side and out the front... the air will get sucked in from un filter crakes.

positive pressure is best for dust as it keeps the air going out the case instead of being sucked in. positive pressure is were more air going in to the case then out. so like 3 120mm fans in and 2 120mm fans out

oh so rn its taking air inside the case and pushing it thru the rad out? omg just when i thought i was gwtting how this works its the opposite LOL thanks for reply

thank u!!

3 hours ago, zayah said:

oh so rn its taking air inside the case and pushing it thru the rad out? omg just when i thought i was gwtting how this works its the opposite LOL thanks for reply

UPDATE: I flipped the rad fans and temps dropped 5-10c ! Thank u sm for all the help i appreciate it sm !!!