Classified Topic Suggestion

It would be cool if topics that are no longer relevant could be moved to a sub-thread in the classified thread. That way it would be much easier to see items that haven't sold, and ones that people are still wanting to buy.

Ideally, people would at least update the title of their topic to indicate that it's been sold, or mark the topic as solved. If they're not doing that already though, I don't think they would report their topic to request that it be moved to the archive, and moderators won't be reading everything to try and decide if a given topic is ready to be archived - I don't think this would end up being practical.

We could update the guidelines to ask people to add [sold] to the title when it's sold though, if that would help? It wouldn't be perfect, but it would get the low-hanging fruit.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ideally, people would at least update the title of their topic to indicate that it's been sold, or mark the topic as solved. If they're not doing that already though, I don't think they would report their topic to request that it be moved to the archive, and moderators won't be reading everything to try and decide if a given topic is ready to be archived - I don't think this would end up being practical.

We could update the guidelines to ask people to add [sold] to the title when it's sold though, if that would help? It wouldn't be perfect, but it would get the low-hanging fruit.

I scroll through Classifieds way more than I should.

I could make a list of all the finished and unmarked ones if you want.

elephants

14 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah that would be a good idea, and maybe once in awhile you could move the really old stuff to a different subforum.

2 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

and maybe once in awhile you could move the really old stuff to a different subforum.

What benefit would there be of moving old posts to a different subforum?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

What benefit would there be of moving old posts to a different subforum?

So you can see what is still relevant and so that you don't have to see what isn't relevant

7 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

So you can see what is still relevant and so that you don't have to see what isn't relevant

... Doesn't timestamp make it obvious? And the fact that you can filter threads based on last post?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Using the Sort By feature in the Classifieds section you can sort posts by their Start Date if you want to see which listings are new. Would that help?

There's not that much activity in the Classifieds section so it's likely anything beyond the first page or two is no longer active, and if it is still active and has fallen off the first few pages the creator of the listing should probably "bump" their thread back to the first few pages if they expect people to find it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

... Doesn't timestamp make it obvious? And the fact that you can filter threads based on last post?

That's fair, it was just an idea x3