is g502 good

bilal.FN
Go to solution Solved by iM8Pizza,

Depends on what you're gonna do with it, for productivity wise and gaming (not serious fps gaming) it should work fine, it's heavy so if you're serious about playing FPS games you might want to get something lighter. Do watch Rocket Jump Ninja mouse guide regarding this one since it's covered nicely and should answer your questions regarding mouse or check out the pinned thread https://linustechtips.com/topic/886814-before-you-buy-gaming-mice-general-technical-termsoptical-vs-laserpopular-mouse-sensormice-recommendationand-many-more/

I think it is really good used my friends and no major problems just small ones that only applied to me

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, bilal.FN said:

i am planning to buy g502 is it good?

depends what you are doing. If your playing FPS games i'd recommend the G305 (if your okay with wireless mice) its basically a gpro but $100 cheaper and smaller. It's significantly lighter then the g502 aswell.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I have a G502 hero. You may get unluck and have the switches fail on you and have a double click issue. Had mine replaced by Logitech rather quickly and had no issue with the replacement. The fast double click is a know issue of the 502

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070

Depends on what you're gonna do with it, for productivity wise and gaming (not serious fps gaming) it should work fine, it's heavy so if you're serious about playing FPS games you might want to get something lighter. Do watch Rocket Jump Ninja mouse guide regarding this one since it's covered nicely and should answer your questions regarding mouse or check out the pinned thread https://linustechtips.com/topic/886814-before-you-buy-gaming-mice-general-technical-termsoptical-vs-laserpopular-mouse-sensormice-recommendationand-many-more/

I've had one since they came out and it still works great. The rubberish thumb rest and right side rest are almost worn smooth, but fine otherwise.

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

Mice, like pretty much any other piece of hardware or gear that interfaces directly with the human body, are a matter of personal preference.

It is impossible to give a meaningful response to the question of whether the G502 is "good." Good in what regard? The sensor? The build quality? The software? The shape? We don't know what types of game you want to play. We don't know how big your hands are, or what type of grip you prefer. 

If I had my way I would insta-lock every thread like this because they're pointless.

Here are the factors in a mouse that you can find out about by reading review or reports from other people:

• Sensor quality - for 99.9% of people any gaming mouse with a modern optical sensor is going to be fine and you will not be able to tell the difference between them, many in fact use exactly the same sensor
  • Build quality - 90% of the time if there's an issue with mouse build quality it's going to be the switches, and almost all of the major mice brands are using the same Omron switches except for the very few models with optical switches instead, so they're all equally likely to fail
  • Software quality - Most gaming peripheral software sucks, you're unlikely to see anybody say anything positive about any of it, best you can hope for is to be able to set the options you want and then forget about it forever

So basically everything you can find out by asking the internet is a moot point, and everything else is almost completely a matter of personal taste of what feels right to the individual user. There is no objective "good" size, shape, or button layout. Even weight, while the current trend is toward ultra-lightweight mice, there are still people who find heftier ones more comfortable.

Go to a store like Best Buy and feel the various mice on display. This will tell you more than a thousand forum posts from random strangers sharing their subjective opinions. When you find one that feels nice to you, if it's in your price range, buy it. After you've used it for a while, use the things you like or don't like about it to inform your choice for your next mouse and if you must ask others for advice you'll be able to ask in ways that will actually lead you to meaningful suggestions. In the meantime, stop giving a shit what esports players, streamers, reviewers, or random strangers on the internet are using because they aren't you.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16