iPhone putting google maps (for location sharing) to sleep even after disabling battery optimisation for google maps

My grandmother has had the original iphone se for 4 years years (got it in 2017). She is on the latest version of ios

she wishes to be tracked by/track my grandfather (who uses a galaxy s8), peace of mind thing.

The issue is that she cannot be tracked through google maps location share because the app keeps going to sleep, even though during the share location setup it prompted me to remove battery optimization (or whatever apple calls it, i'm an android guy) for google maps.

Does anyone know why this is and/or have a solution?

As i previously mentioned, I am an android user and have been since 2014, the last time I daily drove an iphone was 3 years ago when I daily drove an iphone 5 while my huawei got repaired (btw, do not recommend huawei, their software is atrocious, since upgraded to a samsung phone which is great), so I am very rusty in iOS

Thx in advanced

Edited by ryan_lennoxbradley
corections

I see a lot of people put their computer here

Mine is an m1 macbook air xD

base model

planning to get an m1x mac mini when it exists for heavier video editing

Switched to mac from windows cause most of what I do is either internet browsing, photo editing or video editing and wanted Final Cut cause that magnetic timeline is NOT the same as ripple editing in resolve/premiere/vegas pro (a sad excuse of a NLE btw) and is much faster for MY workflow

no idea if its still the same reason as i only use an iphone for work and i barely touch it if i can avoid it but it used to be like this that iphones dont have any real multitasking, any task was paused in the background and resumed when you switched back to it.

For yeas this was also one of the main reasons for their relatively good battery life with their very small batteries, if everything gets paused nothing is gonna drain the battery.