Fortnite 144FPS 144HZ but the gameplay is not smooth as it used to be

JutsuFN

please guys can you help me with my problem

I'm actually playing Fortnite with a constant 144 fps but it just feels unsmooth like if I'm playing with less than 60fps. My monitor is Benq XL2411P 144hz and I've been playing Fortnite smoothly for 1 year without problems.Fps shows 144 and Hz is also 144 in nvcp and display settings but the game is choppy and I notice some minor screen tearing. Vsync helped a bit but I can't play with that input lag as a competitive player.

I tried so many things like RTSS, reinstalling driver using DDU,reinstalling the game,format,fresh install of windows but nothing helped.

Please if anyone knows how to solve this problem don't mind helping me because it's really driving me crazy.

My specs:

Mobo: Msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS Intel® Core™ i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz(3.9GHz in task manager while playing)NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz 1T HDD 240 SSD 550W corsair PSU

I also noticed that when playing 60hz 60fps capped I get a lot of screen tearing as you can see in this video

I think it could be a hardware problem but what exactly is causing this,is it my cheap mobo or maybe PSU?

I'd appreciate every single suggestion.Thanks

Looks to be a tearing issue, and stuttering. Do you have GSYNC/FREESYNC/VRR on? 

Thanks for the fast reply

Unfortunatly I dont and Gsync monitors are really expensive

Is there any way to fix it by changing some hardware

9 minutes ago, JutsuFN said:

Thanks for the fast reply

Unfortunatly I dont and Gsync monitors are really expensive

Is there any way to fix it by changing some hardware

Try setting a high priority on Fortnite. This will make the CPU "focus" on the game, over the programs in the backround.

To do that you need to go to your Task manager - Find Fortnite and right click on it - Click Go to details - Then right click again on the highlighted Fortnite.exe app - Set priority > High (don't do Realtime).

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Do you have MSI afterburner? If yes, Turn on the On Screen Display, in monitoring turn on framerate and frametime, make the frametime a graph, then play a little bit, and check the graph once in a while, if it has sort of spikes, those are moments when the fps is lower, from what I have seen, Fortnite sometimes spikes. Maybe the lag could've been caused by a driver update?

Just now, Latvian Video said:

Do you have MSI afterburner? If yes, Turn on the On Screen Display, in monitoring turn on framerate and frametime, make the frametime a graph, then play a little bit, and check the graph one in a while, if it has sort of spikes, those are moments when the fps is lower, from what I have seen, Fortnite sometimes spikes. Maybe the lag could've been caused by a driver update?

Great idea

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Thank you guys for the reply

For the high priority I tried it and the issue is still there but one thing is that my cpu usage is so high sometimes it reaches 100% can it be the cause

For the frametime the graph is not  smooth and when I use RTSS to limit my fps there is no more spikes in the graph but the game is still unsmooth and there is a bit of tearing

Also I tried so many drivers but none helped.I really think it's a hardware problem

Just now, JutsuFN said:

Thank you guys for the reply

For the high priority I tried it and the issue is still there but one thing is that my cpu usage is so high sometimes it reaches 100% can it be the cause

For the frametime the graph is not  smooth and when I use RTSS to limit my fps there is no more spikes in the graph but the game is still unsmooth and there is a bit of tearing

Also I tried so many drivers but none helped.I really think it's a hardware problem

Try limiting it to 144fps(Also could try leaving it unlimited), and lowering some settings, if then it is not smooth, I can't think of anything else what could be causing it. The cpu hitting 100% could be the cause of it, so lowering some settings should help.