Boomer tech tips, nothing big and flashy.

The_Dentist

Who you gonna call?...

Me that who, when you Netflix doesn't work or when your tablet has a blank screen...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

This is what I'm talking about.

LTT could legit make a video talking about why your printer may not be working.

Start off with "oh hi there, your printer isn't working what's that 'aboot?' Well let's go through step by step to see if we can get your printer working together."

Step 1 is the power on to your printer?

Step 2 is the printer also hooked up to your PC wired or wirelessly

Step 3 do you have ink cartridges installed in your printer?

And so forth.

The idea could save so much time for our community.

Screenshot_20210221-124857.jpg

Honestly a massive time saver for me has been installing ublock on all of the computers my family gets, saves me a lot of time when they don't click an ad with malware because it told them that "windows needs an update" or whatever they're doing these days...They don't get viruses, no ads, and their computer also runs measurably faster, its a win win

Teach them the most basic troubleshooting skills, those will fix 90% of their problems. Plugging stuff out and back in, restarting computer, updating stuff, etc. Also teach them how to google for their problems.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Teach them the most basic troubleshooting skills, those will fix 90% of their problems. Plugging stuff out and back in, restarting computer, updating stuff, etc. Also teach them how to google for their problems.

you're putting a LOT of faith into boomers bruh, hate to say it.

They're the age group that uses a computer 5 days a week in their office job and still when you ask them to "Open a browser" they will stare at you, deer in the headlights look and say "I don't know how to work computers, I'm not a computer person."

Most of them, if you re-arrange the icons on their desktop?  They will lose an hour of productivity or more until they find shit again.

If you remove desktop shortcuts, and force them to rely on the start menu?  They're dead in the damned water.

Last year my folks have used Best Buy Nerd Squad to troubleshoot their DVD player lol

At least they didn't call me this time...

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3