What should I get rid of?

Sport Driver

So I'm torn at the moment. I'm building myself new system. So I now have PC that I don't need. So obvious thing would be to sell it which is my plan. But I also have another PC, or parents have it for that matter.

My current RIG that I'm replacing will be 8 years old and it is this

pc2.JPG.21849545646431b638fccb54da301e66.JPG

Missing on the invoice is 8 GB of DDR3-1600, CL9 RAM.  I also have in here Seasonic S12-II 550W instead of that cheap PSU that came with case.

Computer that parents have is this thing, turning 10  this year.

pc1.JPG.e027609e50db68a84f79386d257f8fd9.JPG

This one is still in completely original spec bar 250 GB SSD. 

So which one should I sell? I'm keeping PSU so if I keep 2500K rig I will swap Seasonic into it, so this isn't the case to keep 4430 rig.  One thing is that 2500K mobo does not support sata3 but not sure how much difference this does to performance. 

Only thing that parents use PC for is office and web browsing. So what would you go for?

Thanks.

PC: R7 5800X, AMD RX480 4GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 500 GB 860 EVO, 500 GB HDD, RM 750 PSU

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G

10 minutes ago, Sport Driver said:

So I'm torn at the moment. I'm building myself new system. So I now have PC that I don't need. So obvious thing would be to sell it which is my plan. But I also have another PC, or parents have it for that matter.

My current RIG that I'm replacing will be 8 years old and it is this

pc2.JPG.21849545646431b638fccb54da301e66.JPG

Missing on the invoice is 8 GB of DDR3-1600, CL9 RAM.  I also have in here Seasonic S12-II 550W instead of that cheap PSU that came with case.

Computer that parents have is this thing, turning 10  this year.

pc1.JPG.e027609e50db68a84f79386d257f8fd9.JPG

This one is still in completely original spec bar 250 GB SSD. 

So which one should I sell? I'm keeping PSU so if I keep 2500K rig I will swap Seasonic into it, so this isn't the case to keep 4430 rig.  One thing is that 2500K mobo does not support sata3 but not sure how much difference this does to performance. 

Only thing that parents use PC for is office and web browsing. So what would you go for?

Thanks.

Mix and match the best components of the 2 and sell the rest

21 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Mix and match the best components of the 2 and sell the rest

Agreed but it also depends of what is better for him, 

If he wants to get maximum money from his sell (to contribute to the new computer) and parents dont care  if theirs will be a slower PC then I suppose he should mix and match the best components and sell that and keep the rest for his parents. 

15 minutes ago, papajo said:

Agreed but it also depends of what is better for him, 

If he wants to get maximum money from his sell (to contribute to the new computer) and parents dont care  if theirs will be a slower PC then I suppose he should mix and match the best components and sell that and keep the rest for his parents. 

Nah, I can't be like that to my parents. They are getting the best they can. Don't really care how much I get from sell since I doubt difference will be much more than 50€ anyway. So question is, which processor is better then? 

PC: R7 5800X, AMD RX480 4GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 500 GB 860 EVO, 500 GB HDD, RM 750 PSU

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G

6 minutes ago, Sport Driver said:

Nah, I can't be like that to my parents. They are getting the best they can. Don't really care how much I get from sell since I doubt difference will be much more than 50€ anyway. So question is, which processor is better then? 

1st pc is better  (i5-4430 ). install the 1TB HDD in it as a 2nd drive and add the ram from the 2nd pc and test if it works.

The 500gb drive can go to the 2nd pc

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv