Is it true that if you're playing on 60hz monitor with above 60 fps it won't affect anything?

eysi

I'm using 60hz monitor and playing a game with the average of 50-60 fps and I'm thinking to buy a better GPU to increase and reach my fps to a hundred, will it matter even if I only use 60hz monitor and not 75, 144 and so on?...

It's not as cut-and-dry as that, frankly. What you'll get is screen tearing as the GPU is pushing out new frames as soon as possible and as fast as the monitor can display them, but you'll also be able to reap the benefits of lower frame times, namely in terms of latency in controls being lowered.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

It's not as cut-and-dry as that, frankly. What you'll get is screen tearing as the GPU is pushing out new frames as soon as possible and as fast as the monitor can display them, but you'll also be able to reap the benefits of lower frame times, namely in terms of latency in controls being lowered.

so to conclude that is it good to use 60hz for at least 75-199fps on your game? 

7 minutes ago, eysi said:

I'm using 60hz monitor and playing a game with the average of 50-60 fps and I'm thinking to buy a better GPU to increase and reach my fps to a hundred, will it matter even if I only use 60hz monitor and not 75, 144 and so on?...

On the Vsync side of things.... without using manual framecaps, just Vsync.. keyboard/mouse suffers,.. input latency to 16.6ms (60Hz)

With Disabling Vsync, Input Lag goes down even if your eyes only get 60Hz,.... your mouse/keyboard inputs without Vsync are much lower input latency at higher framerates. (8-12ms for example)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, eysi said:

so to conclude that is it good to use 60hz for at least 75-199fps on your game? 

Eh if your GPU runs 60FPS fine I wouldn't upgrade at least until you can upgrade your monitor too. V-sync caps your frames to as fast as your monitor can do and I don't have an issue with it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT GPU: RTX 2060 Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon MAX Wifi RAM: 32GB 3200mhz Case: Corsair 100R Silent Storage: Crucial P1 2TB PSU: RM650  All for a 60hz monitor

I would look at your min FPS, is it bothering you, and can it be fixed with a better GPU? I had a system in the past that had a very noticeable min FPS. I had to upgrade the whole system as it was quite old at that point.